Strange Vibration in Head. Tinnitus related?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mark Griffin, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Hello all,

I've has tinnitus for about 2 months now predominately in my right ear. The other night i woke up to a strange pulsating vibration in my head. It was most unnerving and pulsation for about 2 seconds every 3 seconds. It went when i got up.

Then yesterday i was walking up the stairs when i could hear this strange humming sound, i stopped to listen and realised that it was coming from my own head together with that vibration again. Each ear had a slightly different pitch which was clashing and causing resonance. It only lasted for about 10 seconds then went. Can this be related to tinnitus?

I read somewhere that it could be an issue with the neck and nerves which can also cause tinnitus. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

Thanks guys

Mark

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Sounds like fleeting t... Sounds normal. I get the high pitch tone that comes outta no where for some seconds with a vibration then goes away.. Sometimes its a real low hum or ring.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Thanks Grace, just to add, this is separate from the usual tinnitus i have and i've only experienced this weird vibration twice so far. It feels like my whole brain vibrates. Its really strange.

4. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Yeah same with me. It can come in different forms, sometimes really quiet to really loud and always different pitches and its frightening! But it always goes away aside from the normal T. You could always get a doctors opinnion but sounds like fleeting T which always goes away :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Yeah, doctors on Tuesday for me so lets see :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Well GP instantly referred me to ENT which i am massively surprised by. Will have to wait bleedin ages now before i see one. Oh well its a start.