Success with 3 Things (LLLT, Arches Tinnitus Formula, Pycnogenol)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JojoFord, Apr 18, 2017.

1. JojoFord

JojoFord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scuba Diving
      Hi. I've been using Doctor Wilden's LLLT laser for about a month now plus taking Arches Tinnitus Formula and Pycnogenol. I'm seeing great results in noise reduction.

I used to have a loud hissing noise with a high note every once in a while. Now I just have a low level static. These three things seem to have a lot of promise for me to cure my condition over time.

2. Issa

Issa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-2-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Hello jojo, how can I get LLLT?

3. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I think this may be misleading to other people as well as yourself Jo.

You say you are new to this thing called tinnitus, recent onset of tinnitus usually goes away or at least reduces in volume over time.

If you had it for years, it would hold some validity. Regardless, I am pleased for you. X

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @JojoFord I'm really glad your condition is improving, that's great!

The simple reality is that @Paulmanlike is correct: your tinnitus has improved during the timeframe that many, perhaps most cases of tinnitus improve, and there is zero clinical evidence that LLLT or Arches do anything at all except cost money. In fact, LLLT has actually been subjected to various studies which have shown a lack of efficiency compared to placebo, likewise most of the ingredients in Arches. I am aware of a single study on Pyncogenol which looked a little interesting, but it's yet to be replicated and it's not a high-impact study in terms of the methodology and number of people involved.

I am not trying to be unfriendly, but this forum is a bastion of google results for an often desperate demographic, and I think it's important to discuss these things are rationally as possible, prioritizing evidence over emotion.

• Like Like x 1
    5. ryan1234
      No Mood

ryan1234 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      @linearb just wanted to say it is encouraging for you to say that within this time frame (the first few months I am assuming) it is likely that tinnitus will improve. I am one month into this and looking for all the hopeful posts I can find!

6. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      LLLT will help recover better and faster that's what it is. No miracle just a big push

its like taking more proteins after lifting weights..

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I disagree and think it's more like taking homeopathic snake oil after working out, but we already have three threads to argue about that so I'll bow out of this one.

@ryan1234 yeah if you've already got all the information you need, I'd honestly just take a break from this place. T reduces significantly for most people over the first weeks/month or two, but you're not going to find many of those people here in general because we're a self selected, chronic group. Assuming your T improves, take this all as a lesson that your hearing is a bit damaged, and be really careful in the future, that's really all you can do.

• Like Like x 1
    8. ryan1234
      No Mood

ryan1234 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      @linearb thanks for the advice! since having tinnitus for a month I have seen a slight improvement and hope this will continue as time goes on.

9. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @linearb

LT has shown potential inner hair cell regeneration abilities after acoustic trauma, and nerve regeneration effect in independent, double blind scientific studies so it has some effect proven by science unlike homeopathy

LT works, the science is there but its mostly in the acute phase as per studies

10. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      Could you please post links to "independent, double blind" studies of LT showing inner hair cell or nerve regeneration?

• Like Like x 2
    11. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      i posted those and so did many others before me in the 3 LLLT threads do some reading its all there and much more

a simple google search should pull those as well

12. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      I've read the threads, and I am aware of no such studies. Since you are, I would like to know about double blind studies showing hair cell or auditory nerve regeneration. This seems impossible since you do double blind studies in humans and there is no way to show hair cell regeneration without surgically removing the inner ear - unless I am missing something.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      the studies were on rats
      all posted in those and the TBI one as well if you say you read those ?

14. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I love Aaron123, he's so blunt and to the point but he he is bang on with what he says.

LLLT has been around now for a while yet still no evidence it works.

15. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      There is at least one from a university in South Korea that I posted in the main LLLT thread

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JojoFord

JojoFord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scuba Diving
      Hi. So, I just want to keep posting my experience. I've been using Dr. Wilden's LLLT laser for a month and a half. Plus I'm taking the two supplements pycnogenol and Arches Tinnitus formula. From a scuba diving trip on January 12th, I had the same tinnitus volume continually in my left ear from that time until around the end of March. It was a 10 decibel noise that I believe was caused by the crushing of hair cells in my cochlea. This happened because of the scuba diving pressure. At the end of March, I started with the supplements and the laser (everyday 2x per day). My tinnitus is now significantly reduced. Sometimes I don't even notice that it's there. I think the three things I've been using have helped to heal my condition because there was no change in the sound until I took some initiative to try everything these things. I went to three ENT doctors, all the same thoughts...no cure. I think I will eventually be 100% cured if I continue on this path. I think the two supplements help with blood flow to the brain and the laser helps the body to heal the injury. My hearing does not seem to be improving as I lost hearing in the high notes. However, this does not bother me. I just wanted the tinnitus to go away. I hope this is helpful to anyone out there searching for a cure. I also think it helps to treat the condition as early as possible.

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    17. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @JojoFord, Glad you're doing better. I've noticed that improved blood flow seems to help my tinnitus so Arches and pycnogenol could help. I'm a bit skeptical of LLLT helping though, but have no experience with it at all.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1