Thanks Tinnitus Talk

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ed209, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'd just like to thank everyone on here for all the help and advice over the last 9 months or so. Especially @Markku, @Steve and all the other staff for all the hard work you have put in behind the scenes. This forum has become a phenomenal success and it helps many get through those earlier darker days. For this, I applaud you.

It's going to be a busy year for me as I am getting married and then spending 3 weeks in Hawaii. There are going to be a lot of loud moments approaching, and for this reason, I feel I need to get my head in the right place again. Talking about tinnitus all the time is now beginning to hold me back; I need to spread my wings and fly once more in the realm we call life. I refuse to let this ruin my wedding and to a greater extent, the rest of my life.

So for a short while at least, I bid you all farewell, and I hope you all get through your own personal battles and come out on the otherside.

• Winner Winner x 4
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Good luck with your future plans and your wedding
      ..take care..lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Sounds fantastic mate. Have a great wedding and honeymoon!

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thanks Glynis; you are legend on here in my eyes. Always on hand to help, even when you hit hard times it didn't stop you.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cheers mate, I'll do my best ;)

6. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      Congrats and hope you have a wonderful wedding and time in Hawaii!
      Sad to see you go, at the same time I am glad you're leaving (means that you have overcome the worst part of T!!).
      Take care now and have lots of fun!

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thanks Fangen. I'm not leaving forever, but I have been using the site daily and it's no longer necessary for me to do so. The site got me through the rough part, so the rest is up to me now. I'll certainly drop by occasionally if something important crops up, and I'll update you all if I reach the promised land :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for your thoughtful and positive posts on TT and congratulation with the wedding. We will miss you and your wisdom, but hey nothing beats marrying in paradise Hawaii. Take a good long break and enjoy the tropical paradise with your wife. I was married there too to my sweetheart many years ago. What a romantic place to begin a new life with the love of my life. I remember walking the beaches (holoholo) at sunrise and sunset with my love, body surfing on the waves, snorkeling hand in hand among the corals and beautiful fishes, and sucking coconut juice while watching wonderful Polynesian cultural dances. It is the most memorable time of our lives together and a good beginning. Hope you will have a great wedding there and remember to take lots of pictures. I will guarantee you that T will be a forgotten subject while you are enjoying paradise Hawaii with your sweet wife. All the best and God bless.

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      @billie48 , Great picture you just painted! I just took a virtual trip to Hawaii via TinnitusTalk! :)

10. Mr-T

Mr-T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Over exposure to loud music
      All the best Ed, and thanks also for replying to my posts :)

I've only been on here a matter of days, but I really wish I had found this forum in the first few weeks that I got T as it would have helped me through those early days.

same here, thanks to all associated with the forum. Staff and posters, really appreciate all your advice.

I too will be bowing out soon as I've almost figured out the ear plug situation, oclussion effect n all that.

Like you said Ed, there comes a point where you need to stop thinking about it, posting etc, and just let it blend into the background and continue with your life.

All the best! ;)

• Like Like x 1
    11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Haha. Thanks Path. Here are some sample pictures of paradise living for a couple. What a way to spend time with your sweet love!

177788329-hawaii-maui-molokini-couple-hold-hands-at-gettyimages.jpg

aulani-rainbow-reef-detail-fish-kids-hero.jpg

beach-couple-holding-hands-walking-hawaii.jpg

honeymoon.jpg

DSC_1007.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    12. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Ah, thank you, billie48! Beautiful! I especially like the underwater ones. I went snorkeling off of Cozumel once and it was a non-stop colorful wonderland with all those fishes!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    13. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Ed209 all the very best to you.enjoy your wedding and hope you have a great time in Hawaii .

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thanks Billie. I've said it before but I'll say it again; ive got you to thank for initially calming me down when I first signed up here. I was already looking forward to Hawaii but you've made it sound even better, and the pics you posted are stunning. Hopefully my tinnitus will dissolve away, along with my stress while I'm over there.

There's just more to life than all this worrying, as you rightly pointed out, these are the days where some of my best memories will be created. It's time to look beyond tinnitus and start living again.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      No worries Mr T and thanks. I noticed you're in a funk band as well. My current band is a funk rock band, our bass player is a proper funk aficionado. I'm more of a rock guy but I love all styles of music and we just have a great vibe on stage. Good on you for not letting this destroy your passion.

• Winner Winner x 1
    16. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Best of luck @Ed209 - may your wedding & marriage be blessed :beeranimation:

It's always sad to see such a friendly person leave, but equally it's also a joyous moment. Spreading wings, as you so well said...!

Best wishes for all your future endeavors and sincere thanks for your support!

Maybe consider coming back for a short hello after the Hawaii trip to post some pictures (y)

Markku

• Like Like x 3