Thought I Had Gotten to a Good Place After 2 Years

Discussion in 'Support' started by MrBonk, Apr 30, 2018.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Until 2 days ago I was used to my tinnitus. Things have been good aside from the ear aches on my left side (around ear and jaw) the intermittent patulous e.tube on that side.

My hearing felt good, mostly even between the two.
      Then Friday night I noticed things sounded slightly muffled on my left side and if I pushed in on the skin just in front of my tragus on the left side I could feel the ear canal closing up as I pushed on it. And released if I let go.
      Which was weird. When I do deadlifts sometimes vi can feel a similar sensation, as if some muscle is sort of pulling on my left ear somewhere, slightly feeling closed.

What was different is that after yesterday the t in my left ear was louder than normal an my ear hurts more than normal, more fullness and slightly muffled hearing. I had problems with the hearing on my right side feeling slightly different than my right for the longest time since the beginning. But it seemed to have stabilized quite a long time ago.

However last night I popped in my headphones that I knew what the results should sound like from ear to ear with pure tone testing. And my stomach dropped, I am now having the same problem as before with my right ear but now with my left, only with more discomfort and fullness.
      At about 7150hz or so my hearing starts to roll off on the left side and it continues until after 12k or so. The difference sounds significant, like maybe 5-10 db. And now when I push on that same spot in front of my tragus the same thing that happened Friday doesn't happen anymore. I thought maybe was build up , so I used debrox for 10 minutes last night but nothing came out when I rinsed. Stuff did on qTips, but still feel the same.

I don't know what happened, everything has been so good. Exercise 3 to 6 times a week, eat decently, don't drink soda, Finally learned to deal with all the constant sinus and ear problems.
      This is the worst I have felt since this first started, I had to fight off the anxiety at work all day.

I don't expect anyone to reply, I just needed a place to put my thoughts where people would understand.

I feel like my hearing on my right got better after doing a lot of lllt on that side for many months. So I am just going to keep doing that. I work in a pharmacy, I know there is basically nothing that can help. And it's not enough of a loss to be considered sudden hearing loss. So I doubt they would give me Prednisone.
      I have a bad bite and I really need braces and have putting it off for a long time bc I was afraid it might make things worse. 3d imaging didn't show bone problems so assumed tmj problems were muscular. Last year my front tooth started hurting a lot out of no where. Dentist couldn't find anything wrong with it, thought my sinus problems were to blame. So I have learned to manage that tooth ache too. And funny now my tooth doesn't hurt anymore starting yesterday.

Ugh... This sucks so much. I have an important certification exam for work on Friday, why now why?????

Hope things are better for you folks..

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      For once something good seems to have happened. I went to the Dr anyway and they irrigated my ears, said left one was pretty clogged looking. And most if not all the hearing has come back. My anxiety has been on overload for days. I am happy I wasn't suddenly losing even more of my hearing.
      Hope to be back in a good place with my t again soon once it calms back down too.

• Like Like x 3
    3. Veronica

Veronica Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Mesication