Thought I Was Doing Good. Will It Ever Get Better for Good?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Newbie, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Newbie
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm so angry! I have struggled with my tinnitus for the last 3 and a half months. Been through everything with it!! About a month ago it started to calm down, I could never hear it anymore and it didn't bother me! I was even going to write a success story. I was getting my life back!

Tonight while watching TV the static stupid sound came back again!!!! Now here I am in the midst of panic again. Please no. I can't go through another few months like this.

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Newbie Many of us have had a similar experience to you and things will improve so try not to worry too much. If you haven't read my article: Tinnitus, A Personal View, then I suggest that you do as it might be of some help. Please click on the link below.
      Hope you start to feel better soon
      Michael
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Michael Leigh im devastated I can't believe this! My life is hell I just want to be ok

4. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Newbie I thought we had spoken before. I was just looking at some of your previous posts. Are you still taking the Xanax or something equivalent as it can help. If you are not using sound enrichment at night then I advise you to. What kind of treatment are you having from ENT?

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No I'm not taking anything at all. I could barely notice my tinnitus before and really thought I was going up! I'm not doing anything for it my wont told me it would go away

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alienated

Newbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    7. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus doesn't usually clear up that quick @Newbie and it probably wasn't a good idea to come off the Xanax although I understand your reasons. You see, antidepressant acts as a safety net to help prevent a person becoming too low, which can often happen with people that have intrusive tinnitus and haven't reached habituation. It might be a good idea to have a word with your GP and start the medication again, even if it's a low dose...
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      With all due respects to ENT Doctors. They are dedicated to their work and are able to treat the ear medically or surgically and I applaud that. However, the majority of them have never experienced loud intrusive tinnitus. Therefore, they know nothing about it.
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 2