Three Days Good After Three Days of Pure Hell

Discussion in 'Support' started by leledany, Jun 10, 2017.

1. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It is incredibly like a clock! I can be exposed to loud noise or completely silent days but there are always three good days after three bad days. Some months already like this! Anyone experienced such a thing? For those it was like this how it evolved?

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnius is often unpredictable, when it is caused by noise trauma and in the first six months to a year. It is possible to habituate however, you have to try and avoid being exposed to loud sounds. It may require treatment especially if hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) is present. If you haven't had tests at ENT then I advise you to do so and a referral to a Hearing Therapist or Audiologist might be advised. I have written a tinnitus article titled: Tinnitus, A Personal View, that you might find helpful. It is in my "started threads" Also in the list is my post: From darkness into light, that I suggest you read when you the time.
      Best of luck
      Michael

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I went to three different doctors, the first one prescribed antibiotics! No one gave me predisone or others cortisons! All the doctors made me audiometry and it is normal. I am very angry with my doctors

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I read posts by at least two people who described something similar to what you are describing. In fact, I think the cycle was also 3good-3 bad for one of those people.

I hope that someday they will all become good days. Meanwhile, at least you get some good days. Also the predictability of this cycle allows you to take advantage of it by planning accordingly...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thank you Bill, i hope too but the scientists should figure out why it is like this. Mine is not anxyety related or habituation, mine is three days very strong and three days i can barely notice it during day time, there must be some biological reason. I never cried even in my first three weeks/ one month when i was suicidal evry day! God bless you all maybe i can survive with it

6. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I feel your tinnitus will improve with time just try and take the precautions I advised. Try to get along with your life if that's not too difficult or get some tinnitus counselling with a Hearing Therapist. Try not to analyse your tinnitus or to figure out the reasons for what you describe. This will only make you more stressful and could make the tinnitus more intrusive. My tinnitus can be completely silent, mild, moderate or severe.

Michael

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      :) hope mine too

8. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have read a story about someone with the same, she went to a good acupunturist and eventually it was gone. I don't know if that will be the same for you but it might be worth a shot.

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      In a sane society, there would be more funding for medical research. The fact that your body CAN make T go away for three days, means that you should be studied (to come up with a way to help the body do this all of the time)...

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I agree, my ears just need a little medicine help and they will heal! There is too much economic interest by the company that make hearing aids but they will be defat finally, beacuse a medicine is near. When i got tinnitus my doctors even said to avoid loud envirorments and one made me paid a lot of money and proposed such electronic device

11. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Many years ago when I first got tinnitus I was going through a very difficult time habituating to it like so many people do. This has a lot to do with the negative thinking that the condition puts upon a person. I read a newspaper article that mentioned: Nineteen out of twenty medical conditions cannot be cured. It helped to change my outlook on life and tinnitus and put me on the path to habituation and acceptance. It doesn't happen overnight but a lot can be achieved with time and adopting a more positive approach to life and tinnitus.
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    12. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Take the good days and run with it... :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1