Tinnitus After Earwax Removal — Any Hope for Me?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by obutterfly, Jan 22, 2020.

1. obutterfly
      Surrender

obutterfly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably Wellbutrin
      Has anyone ever improved after an earwax removal procedure caused tinnitus?

Mine was initially caused by an ototoxic medication, but after 2 and a half years I was becoming habituated.

I ignorantly allowed my ENT doctor to remove earwax two weeks ago, and I have been in agony ever since. I had no idea that this procedure would affect my tinnitus condition. He did know I have tinnitus. He looked in my ears; said I had a lot of earwax; took it out in 2 seconds with some kind of instrument before I could even think to ask a question; said, "you'll be able to hear a lot better now." I would rather not hear at all than have tinnitus. I haven't had a minute's relief in two weeks, it is so amped up.

I fear I am screwed. I think I could cope if I had a little hope. Does anyone have any hope for me? I am not interested in suing anybody.

I just want relief and to spread a word of caution about earwax removal and tinnitus.

Am I screwed?

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Winter

Winter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bicycle tire explosion
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      obutterfly
      Surrender

obutterfly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably Wellbutrin
      He used some kind of instrument I didn't even see. It was extremely fast. I didn't even know he was doing it. He looked in my ears, and the next thing I knew he was showing me the earwax he had removed and telling me that now I would be able to hear better. Thank you for responding to me. I don't know why a lot of people read my plea, but only one person responded. I hope I can get some help and hope.