Tinnitus After Hammer Smashing Metal and Car Battery Exploding — Getting Worse Lately

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gavin999, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Gavin999

Gavin999 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Bang
      Hello. I'm Gavin from England.

I think I got tinnitus when someone smashed a piece of metal with a hammer a few years ago. I also had a car battery explode near me. Both times left my ears ringing very horribly. Now whenever there isn't background noise I can hear it , it seems to be getting worse lately.

Anyways, it got me looking at it and as I have some other weird interests, I bought a really cool frequency generator with a plasma bulb. The built in "frequency program" for tinnitus didn't seem to help but it's very accurate with the frequencies and delivers an audio signal as well as an electrical "wave packet" into the surrounding area.

I seem to get an equalisation sort of thing going on inside both ears when I set the system to a certain frequency of 2,0007 Hz which I have found corresponds with certain metals.

I was wondering if any other people had done any research in this area?

I put a picture of the machine in my avatar. And I put a few videos on my YouTube account "Gavin_FreedomLover".

I also have other issues that may make my tinnitus worse (it's been getting worse lately).

Any help appreciated.

Gavin.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Drachen
      Tired

Drachen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Currently unknown; likely noise-induced
      Hey, Gavin. Welcome to the forum, though I'm terribly sorry to hear that your symptom is getting worse lately. It does sound like your case might be noise-induced, though other factors can apply or exacerbate things to some extent.

The effect you're talking about with regards to the frequency generator sounds a lot like residual inhibition, where it's theorized relief to those damaged frequencies in your ear can provide in turn a relief from the tinnitus. As long as you don't overdo it, I think this might be a decent sort of respite for you in times where it gets really bad.

As for any other advice, it's hard to say. I'm still struggling along myself, though I'm quite new to it. I certainly do wish you the best. This is a good forum with lots of great people who should be able to provide you support. You may want to consider looking into supplements to try, as many have reported relief, though it will be on a person by person basis.

• Like Like x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tinnitus can change sound and strength for a reason or for no reason at all.
      Spikes can come and go and as you adapt to life with tinnitus you will find out what helps and what spikes tinnitus.

I wouldn't keep playing frequencies and just except it is what it is.
      Mild unpleasant tinnitus can get you down just as much as severe tinnitus can.

It's definitely a bugger in life but try not to let it overcome your life.

Love,
      Glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gavin999

Gavin999 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Bang
      Thank you for the reply. It is definitely a pain in the ass for short, but not life destroying.