Tinnitus + Aging + Ear Cleaning + Microsuction = CAUTION

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bruce Whitfield, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Bruce Whitfield

Bruce Whitfield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Helicopter turbine engine noise
      Hi...there are probably other threads about this..however my personal situation demands that I issue mu own caution notice.

I've had Tinnitus for many years...in my case a rushing ringing sort of sound which I just live with..but it is funny that very occasionally my brain gives me just a few seconds of what its like NOT to have the problem. Strange business. My Tinnitus was caused by the high pitched turbine noise present inside helicopters when you don't use earmuffs or a headset.

However my cautionary note is that I would advise people with Tinnitus not to go near an Ear Hygienists' clinic when you have blocked ears...get some good ear drops and then get your local doctor to scrape out what he can.

If you have Tinnitus and undergo microsuction cleaning of your ears, you run a serious risk of inducing a condition I now know intimately as Hyperacisis and its not nice...even worse than Tinnitus I might add.

Its clear from my experience..that the substantial noise of the ear wax suction procedure, damages the ears nervous system....and I'm now left in a condition where loud or consistent sounds are distorted to the point its like listening to a rattly speaker...I have acoustic holes in my hearing range now so that human voices are more difficult to listen to...and most sounds appear different and even annoyingly so.

So my message is ..don't take a risk with microsuction...clearly..if you already have Tinnitus, the noise level from the suction process with create even more problems for you. Just don't do it!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thank-you for this post @Bruce Whitfield. I have never had this procedure and I never will.