Tinnitus All Over My Mind

Discussion in 'Support' started by sandra72, Feb 22, 2016.

1. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      I have had tinnitus for almost 2 years. I had learned to deal with it. Most of the time I did not hear it but only in silence. I lived my live again.

But now after a nasty cold I cannot take my mind off it anymore. Plugging a lot my ears again. Feeling nervous again all day long. When I had the cold my tinnitus was very very loud. Like a jet engine in my ear, going through the roof. Could not mask it. It was not my normal tinnitus sound. But it did go away. Sometimes I hear it in silent but not that loud.

But I am so afraid it will get worse again. My own tinnitus sound is louder now because I can not put it out off my mind. I also feel pressure in my ears.

Will this pass too? Will it go to the way it was when I could handle it.

I hate this feeling. Just want to enjoy my life again. Yesterday I went out for dinner and I could not enjoy it.

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Why do you plug your ears? Isn't that counterproductive? It sounds you are obsessed with the T, you need to stop obsessing.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      When you have had a cold and made your tinnitus louder it can take a while after to settle down.
      You might have mucous still hanging around in your ears and tubes and feeling the pressure .
      A decongestant can help and mucous linctus .
      I would get your ears checked also for inflammation and wax build up also ...lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      I went to the doc last week and she saw some fluid behind my eardrum and they were withdrawn.