Tinnitus Always Better After Sleep. Does This Indicate a Specific Issue?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Konstadinos, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Konstadinos

Konstadinos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (diagnosed with ETD, TMJD and Straigtened Neck)
      My tinnitus is muche better after sleep, the better the sleep the lower the tinnitus. Does this mean a muslce issue or it happens with all kinds of tinnitus?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      This is the same for me, idk

• Like Like x 1
    3. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Me too. Its worst just before bed. How about you?

• Like Like x 2
    4. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      before yes. but now is loud always.

• Like Like x 1
    5. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      my T is better always during sleep. :)

So many questions we each have about this. Ironically, all the questions we have to narrow down any discernible trends have no basis in improving our T. There are way more questions than answers with this. Trends that come and go....ok, you have identified one or two....now what? We still have T. :sleep:

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Konstadinos

Konstadinos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (diagnosed with ETD, TMJD and Straigtened Neck)
      Yes, always worst at the end of the day before bed. The more tired the most exhausted,

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      agreed...seems to come on more at night...laying down seems to kick it into overdrive...then once i konk out i wake up and it is usually better. Wish this was a sign we were getting better.

8. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Yes, the same for me. Sleep often puts my T to sleep. Starts acting up 1-3 hours after I wake up.

9. Richard Stephens

Richard Stephens Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It is very apparent that nobody really knows of a solution for Tinnitus suffers. Somehow, from reading a lot of the comments posted, here it would appear that there is a link between sleep and waking hours. Most people state that their Tinnitus is better when waking up but soon re-appears later in the morning or during the day. This is my experience as well and as I'm writing (10h30) it is screaming in my ears (or is it in my head) which will last all day until tomorrow morning. My age is 73 and I have suffered since approximately 1985 and can give no reason why it should affect me. After reading about the work being done by Professor Hamann (at Leicester University) with Magnesium I went to my local Pharmacy to request some Magnesium supplements and was offered Slow-Mag which contains 535 mg Magnesium Chloride (equivalent to 64 mg elemental magnesium) - Preventative dose 2 to 4 tablets daily or Therapeutic dose 2 to 6 tablets daily both in divided doses. I have been taking Slow-Mag at the advice of my Cardiologist since my first heart attack in 2007 but Tinnitus persists as bad as ever. So where to from here - you can't stay in bed all day?:sick:

10. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      I think there's a strong link between fatigue and tinnitus. Just search for "tinnitus worse when tired", it's an extremely common experience. Unfortunately I haven't seen any plausible explanations for the phenomenon.

However if you know your T has this trait, then when you hear it scream super loud in the evening, you can tell yourself that you're just tired and this will get better very soon. In my experience, that helps :)

• Agree Agree x 1