Tinnitus and Now Nystagmus. I'm Freaking Out!

Discussion in 'Support' started by truesilence, Jan 17, 2016.

1. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Just got my report from the Neuro. It says I have gaze evoked nystagmus extreme right and left, not at 30 degrees though. I've looked this up and I'm absolutely shit scared!!! I had this test last year with the ENT and nothing was mentioned. Oh god , what the hell is going on with my body:arghh::cry:

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi ,
      It's an eye problem that you can be born with or can get as an adult that make your eyes shake and special glasses or contacts can help you.......that's all I know about it.....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      :cry::cry::cry: Oh god, Noooooooo!

4. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I looked it up to see what you're dealing with. At this point I would be scared, too. Be sure your neuro does everything possible that can be done. I know it's crazy to say "don't panic," but even though it is definitely a neurological deficit, it may end up that it can be taken care of so that you have the least bit of discomfort and maybe adjustments can be made so that it isn't as bad as you fear. :huganimation:

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      The Neuro's report doesn't mention any support or treatment. I've read that many people with Nystagmus also have T. I don't have any dizziness,but my neck is screwed. Tinnitus and shaky eyes? I must have been really bad in my past life!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      No, this isn't karma. ;)

You need to find an M.D., a D.O., or a naturopath, whichever one you're most comfortable with, and get started on some kind of program to deal with this. You obviously can still read online, and your communication skills are fine, so take advantage of it and start digging.

My dog had nystagmus but it was due to vestibular disease disorder, and nothing like what you have, so I can't offer any opinions. The vet gave her prednisone to calm down what he believed to be the inflammation in her auditory system. Took a long, long time for her to get better. She was stumbling, falling, and walking in circles. Scared the holy hell out of me when it first came on. That was over 2 years ago, and she still has residual effects. I'm only mentioning her situation because I know how serious an issue this can be. I hope you find someone you trust and begin some kind of treatment right away.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @truesilence,Nystagmus can be really scary along with tinnitus. I had nystagmus a few years ago, but I think Effexor was causing it. One Dr. told me that's what you get for having your ear injected with a steroid. So then I asked the ENT that injected dexamethasone in my left ear (3 times) if that could cause nystagmus and he said no. I was very worried (understatement) that the vestibular part of my inner ear was damaged by the injections. My vision seems fine now, but I still have intrusive tinnitus that occasionally goes away for unknown reasons.

Stress and anxiety can cause a lot of physical problems that are hard to believe. If you are on Effexor or a similar AD that could be causing your nystagmus possibly? I have neck issues also like you that could be causing my tinnitus. I'm just not sure yet if compressed neck nerves could be causing it. @Carl Horton got major tinnitus relief from a C5C6 spinal fusion.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/possible-neck-issue-tinnitus.506/page-2#post-125728

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      ugh. Why can't medication just do its job without breaking something else?