Tinnitus Caused by Rubbing My Ears

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hardik, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Hardik

Hardik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rubbing my ears.
      I have had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. However, it used to be so quiet that I thought it was just normal background noise. This all changed around 6-7 months ago where it got worse to the point that I realized this is not normal. It's slowly been getting worse and doctors are just telling me to deal with it.

I believe I have gotten tinnitus due to rubbing my ear. I have been also doing it for as long as I can remember and I just. can't. stop. If I don't do it, I'll do it in my sleep. And when I rub my ears, this ear wax colour fluid comes out and then hardens into ear wax over the next couple days. Each time the tinnitus has gotten worse, it's always after me rubbing my ears and feeling like they are stuffed. The stuffed feeling goes away and is replaced by the ringing.

I know this is my own fault. I am only posting here to see if anyone else has the same story as me. I can't find a similar case online. If you have had a similar case please tell me even if you still suffer from it. You would make my life.

2. Yugal Rai
      Dreaming

Yugal Rai Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you have history of going to clubs, concerts or using headphone? I’m no expert at this but does both of your ear rings or just one?

Fluid? You might want to go see your doctor if fluid comes out of your ear.

My doctor told me if there's any sign of fluid, vomit or headache then immediately come to the hospital. For me I’ve never experienced any fluid, it’s just constant ringing.