Tinnitus Emergency

Discussion in 'Support' started by tinnitussufferer, Nov 26, 2014.

1. tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      I am not a newcomer when it comes to tinitus. I went through the horrible process of habituation after i first got tinitus many years ago. I went through suicidal thoughts and it was very tough. Eventually i managed to learn to live with it. However, that was until a week ago when my tinnitus decided to go up a level. I have more tones now and it is permanently louder from the minute i wake up and throughout the day.

is all hope gone?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. No. Many have gone on to rehabituate to new tones or louder T.

Don't lose hope and do what you did before. Try not to panic.

*hugs*

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tinnitussufferer
      Angry

tinnitussufferer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2004
      panic is definitely what it causes me to do. Because the problem with tinnitus is that you cant escape it and nobody can see it.

4. Revolrex33

Revolrex33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      That is my struggle. No escape from the moment you wake until sleep. That is, without being in a constant state of medication where your emotion / awareness is numb. Keep on keeping on though for the light at the end of T existence.

5. S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Been seen ! And have some hope ! Doc feels this is all virus related ! He's checked my temp and symptoms and he feels due to everything it shouldn't be perm. But it could take weeks or monts to settle down! I've been given more Meds and antibiotics and some for sleep and anxiety an told me to put music on low when in bed and see ent tomorrow . He's the first to say hmm it's most Likly A virus due to many reasons !

6. OddV
      Assassinator

OddV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      @S.withnell I hope that's the case... And again, I don't want to be negative, but that's how mine started 3 months ago (ear infection aka virus). Some People have had some relief from AM-101 trials... You might want to think about at least finding out if they're in your area... You have until 3 months post onset to get on them... Just my opinion and setting up a plan b that hopefully you'll never have to use.

• Like Like x 1
    7. S.withnell
      Sleepy

S.withnell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well he did say it could take months he didn't promise e it would go but he did say he feels this has become worst due to a virus and once the virus is eradicated it should settle down. But will see ! But least some one listen to me and tried to see logic in what it could be

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies