Tinnitus for 12 Years — It's Brutal but I Live in Hope

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wrk2liv, Jan 19, 2021.

1. wrk2liv

wrk2liv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi all,

I've had tinnitus for 12 years, possibly caused by neck injury form a head on car collision. Interestingly, the tinnitus started almost a year after the accident - so I'm not sure if they are correlated. I had an MRI done some years ago to rule out tumors. Tumors were ruled out, but they did find an incidental occurrence of Arnold Chiari Malformation which can also have tinnitus as a symptom, but I don't have many of the other symptoms.

I have managed to plough through the last 12 years, but it is and has been a grind. The tinnitus is accompanied by neck and shoulder pain and pressure behind my eyes. Stressful situations cause all of the symptoms increase dramatically. I can say that was an indirect cause of me losing a job and a contributing factor to the breakup of my 25 year marriage as it took a lot of focus away from the relationship and my wife did not have the emotional maturity to understand or to provide support when I needed it.

I continue to hold an optimistic view that this will be cured in my lifetime. Medical science and neurology are advancing at a phenomenal pace.

I've been following the group for a while and appreciate the sharing of information that I have witnessed here.

Jimmy

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your breakup of relationship with your wife. It is too bad something like this had to happen on top of the suffering of tinnitus. I appreciate your positive attitude and we all hope that someday there will be that magical cure. FX-322 is one treatment that will offer some hope. You can check out the Treatments and Research News on our site. Take care. God bless.