Tinnitus for 2 Months —in Sync with My Heartbeat

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gay De Asis, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Gay De Asis

Gay De Asis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello guys,

This forum really helps. Two months ago I heard this pulsating sound on my right ear that is in sync with my heartbeat. It accompanies ear fullness, it is more positional, especially when my head lower than my body, my head feels so full.

I went to see ENT and they diagnosed me with vestibulocochlear dysfunction, but ordered MRI.

Funny when it rains it sure does pour. I have flare up with this tendonitis and to be ruled out either osteoarthritis or rheumatoid. Now I'm paranoid with MRI results, thoughts like maybe I have MS or brain tumor, intracranial hypertension. Please help! I'm so anxious as if I am losing my mind!

2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hello, @Gay De Asis.

I agree, this forum really does help, the members here are compassionate and helpful. I have been on the receiving end of their encouragement many times, myself.

Being anxious is absolutely understandable, you are going through a difficult time, indeed. Our thoughts can get away from us during situations like this. You do not know what the results of the MRI are going to be at this point in time so try not to think of the "what ifs" if this is at all possible. Not an easy task, I know.

3. Clint Azzopardi
      Woot

Clint Azzopardi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, Gentamicin or allaergy or both !
      @Gay De Asis. Worrying will get you nowhere, trust me, I have been dealing with health issues for the last 18 months. You need to be patient, both with you tinnitus and with the whole process of going for tests, waiting for results etc.

I know, easier said than done but you must try to be patient. I find going for long walks in the countryside very good for my psyche.

Wishing you all the best - Clint

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gay De Asis

Gay De Asis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @emmalee @Clint Azzopardi
      Thank you guys for the warmth acceptance. Last night I was having panic attack first time I cant breathe, im numb. It feels like doomsday for me. I tried to do yoga today for beginners, it helped me so far.
      I have this arthritis pain on my wrist which added more to my tinnitus. I am indeed a wreck here. Anyway, is there a forum in here on MRI test? Thank u so much.

5. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      You are most welcome, @Gay De Asis.:huganimation:

Here is a discussion on MRI that may be of interest to you.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...imaging-discussion-experiences-questions.573/

6. Tranquility

Tranquility Member

Tinnitus Since:
      One month
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there

I had the pulsating sound 5 years ago didn’t even consider it as tinnitus had it checked out by a Neuro Otologist MRI scans loads of other test I had a balance issue too. Diagnosed with a visual vestibular disorder not relating to the pulsing sound.

Was told not to worry about the pulsing sound it was like an echo sound to heart beat a type of woosh, scans were clear
      Dr said blood flows near the ear and that’s why I might be picking up the sound although I never had before

I was all times of panicked until then so I understand how you feel, but it is uncommon for it to be anything sinister, anxiety stress made it more noticeable but now I hardly notice it. Wish I could say the same for the new ringing that I call tinnitus which is all types of horrid and I’m waiting for ENT and panicking all over again ;)