Tinnitus for 4 Days

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 123Paulette, Mar 1, 2017.

1. 123Paulette

123Paulette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Going to a club
      Hi I recently went to a club on sat and there was ringing on both ears now there"s only ringing on one will it go away or is it permanent I never really go clubbing

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. It has been recommended by many members on TT that if you have a new tinnitus from loud noise exposure (acoustic trauma) then it is best to get a course of prednisone steroid from your doctors asap. Don't worry too much as yet whether it will go away or not as too much stress actually is not good for T. Try to let the ears rest and try avoid loud places for the time being. Make sure you have enough sleep as sleep deprivation from anxiety can aggravate T too. Take care. God bless.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      123Paulette

123Paulette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 days
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Going to a club
      Hi thank you. Yes ive actually had a doctors appointment today and gave 6 day treatment of prednisone .I already have anxiety and depression before it so its only making it work i try to calm down but sometimes i cant hold it in anymore and i start crying thinking it will never go away

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Hope the prednisone will work to lower your tinnitus. Your reaction is quite normal for a new T sufferer, that even though we know it is good to calm down but the body just won't listen to cooperate. That is why T is so scary to a new sufferer because not to say the fact that the doctors can't help, but that our traumatic reaction to T seems very hard to tame down by sheer will power. That was why I had to use Ativan, Prozac and sleeping pills to survive the initial stage of my ultra high pitch T plus severe H. So don't worry too much about it. Crying is a good thing as it can help release the stress and tension of the brain. Try not to think too much down the future. Take it one day at a time and do your best to go back to living. Try keep telling the brain that you accept that T is a new normal for the time being but that you can and will get used to it over time or that it will fade or decrease over time. Sometimes it is even needed to tell the brain that you accept that you are having trouble accepting it currently but that you believe that acceptance will come with time. Anything you can do to calm and relax the brain will help, including doing mild exercises such as leisure walk, hiking, yoga, tai chi, etc., and calming meditation such as mindfulness will help. Search youtube for mindfulness meditation and you will have lots of videos to show you how.

For helping anxiety and sleep, you can try some natural alternatives such as Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can do google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...ealth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia /