Tinnitus for Three Months Now

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jr_time, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello, fairly new to tinnitus. I remember waking up and feeling my ears with the clogged and pressure feeling, few days went by and my right ear started to feel weird. My wife would talk to me and her voice would be echoing. Few days after that a buzzing sound started in my right ear. Went to my primary doc who said it was maybe allergies and gave me Zyrtec and Flonase. Went home and took what they prescribe me. Still feeling the same with the symptoms, went back to urgent care and they prescribed me prednisone, took that for a few days. My buzzing went away and left me with a ringing now. Made an appt with ENT and audiologist, they checked my ear and did a hearing test and said everything looked normal.

Forward to now, I was coping with my tinnitus and dealing with it better, but a few days ago I woke up feeling the same with the same symptoms I had three months ago, feelings of fullness and pressure and a new roaring sound in my right ear. I don't know what’s going now. Kinda scared I’m going deaf or something. Can it be allergies?? I wish I knew what is the cause of this.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      It sounded like allergies were the trigger, but you may have had underlying hearing loss before that.

Do you have a history of loud music, headphones, loud cars? Any medications? maybe you're problem was an ear infection due to the echoing sound problem in your ear.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the reply, the ENT said I had no hearing loss. Before everything happened I was not taking any meds or ear infection. When I first got the ear clogged and fullness pressure in the mornings prior to the buzzing, I would get runny nose in the mornings but would go away after.

Only significant noise is at work, but would tinnitus make both ears feel pressure without being sick?

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      ENT's can be wrong. Glad we opened this topic.

Recent research indicates that hearing test used at most audiology clinics and ENTs are inaccurate. Tonal audiogram test only check for hearing loss within the human voice range, learn more here about hidden hearing loss and how hearing in noisy environments and music perception is not tested on standard hearing test.

http://hyperacusisfocus.org/innerear/

upload_2018-12-7_17-10-50-png.png

entma18-plack_fig-2-new-png.png

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378595516302507

• Like Like x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      What kind of noise exposure do you have at work? Do you work in a noisy factory or environment without hearing protection?

These questions are important to figure out what caused your tinnitus, very rarely is tinnitus an unknown that is what recent research is showing.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      That can be a possibility for my tinnitus, I work in a company that has machines running loud, I don’t stand next to them, but it is noisy. I wonder if that can cause the fullness in ear and pressure feeling??? After I got tinnitus, I am cautious with work noise. I wear ear plugs now.

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Sorry to say, that probably is the cause.

Those hearing tests are dead wrong, only centric around the human voice range.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for replying, does time heal this? Not getting rid of tinnitus, but fading it back where it’s less bothersome? I was doing okay, but then again I got the same ear pressure feeling makes it hard to cope.

9. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      We don't know if your tinnitus will fade. If you hearing gets better from resting your ears it might!

Also taking magnesium might help, I am not saying cure, just help.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      I too am guessing that you indeed have hearing loss resulting in the onset of Tinnitus. The "full" feeling is exactly what I have. My hearing loss is total in right ear, so I have a very full, even a pressure feeling on that side. My T is pretty pronounced. You are in the right place, as there is a wealth of info on this site. Just being here and getting encouraged that this monster inside our heads is tamable has allowed me to already begin moving forward with my new life with T. It will get better. That "better" is the beginning of more "betters" that will accumulate over time to bring you to a place where it's not really a big deal (I know, hard to believe), and it no longer rules over you. You become the boss again. Be patient, and dive into the stories and info here. I have found it to be therapeutic, (it helps!) and have also found that unlike so many other online sites, this one is mostly for real people that have our best interest in mind, and very lacking in pranksters and attention seekers. Stay strong.

• Like Like x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you, at what point did you stop going to doctors to find what caused it?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Thanks again, did you have full feeling in both ears?

13. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hi all, does the pressure subside? I’ve had the pressure for six months and wondering if it dulls.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

15. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      No, mine stays the same. It feels like the pressure just moves around in my head. I’m constantly pinching my nose and trying to equalize it and it just goes back to the same state.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

What does your doctor say it can be?

17. MandyT

MandyT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      One doctor thought ETD and another thinks it’s nerve damage.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Is there test they can do to find the cause for things like these? I’m sorry, I’m new, I don’t know what to do about my situation.

19. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, the fullness pressure sensation is on my right side as if my R ear is plugged and kinda like my sinuses are congested on the right side. It's like this all the time. My left ear is fine. The right one totally deaf. What fun.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      As of right now, I worry, scared out my mind. Idk, if I should go to my doctor or just accept what I have. I’m loss right now

21. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stay the course. I completely freaked out when this happened to me. I lost it. Broke down. Finding this website helped me tremendously. It really did. Hearing about those who have prevailed and and are working all the time to help others move forward with this was comforting to me and has truly helped me find my way. The brain is an amazing thing that we don't give enough credit for making the adjustment. We have all heard that catch phrase "mind over matter" at some time in our lives. Well, I am finding that there is a lot to this "mind over matter" thing involving finding a way to actually prevail over this. I told myself, I don't have any choice. There is a very good possibility that this is not going to go away. So, I don't have any choice. I must move forward. Other than this, I am very healthy. I simply will not allow this thing to lord over me. It will not defeat me. I will defeat it. Bring it on. It will not win. Full acceptance. .......We feel for you. We're there with you. Don't regress. Use all the resources, such as this one. And time is your friend. It will get better..

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jr_time

Jr_time Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

Thank you for your good words!! Very kind of you. With two kids and a wife, I can’t let it be my down fall. Really hard for me right now but as you said time is the healer

• Like Like x 1
    23. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      the one saying nerve damage is correct.

24. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      no, there test are from the stone age.

25. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      @Contrast Not sure why you like to make blanket statements that tinnitus is only caused by sensorineural hearing loss due to hair cell and nerve loss. It's not a one-fits-all scenario as you always try to claim. There can be other reasons. You could have tinnitus and hearing loss with your hearing cells and nerves intact.
      It gets tiresome always reading posts to new sufferers that its *the* reason they have tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 5
    26. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree that tinnitus is as personalized as there are that many sufferers. One unique thing regarding tinnitus is that it is invisible and silent to the objective observer. The only thing I know about "your" tinnitus is what you verbally describe to me. There is nothing like an X-ray that can look inside my head and my tinnitus noise comes out thru a speaker for all to hear. (Oh man, do I wish there was such a thing.)

So... I only know what MY tinnitus sounds like, but can only guess what yours sounds like. Even if I say my tinnitus noise volume is an 8 on a scale of 1-10, that description is still only relative to my discomfort threshold. My 8 might be your 10+. Or your 9 might be only a 4 on my tolerance threshold.

It's all relative, because nobody truly knows what noise goes on inside my head. Only me.

• Like Like x 1