Tinnitus from Ears to Head. How to Get Rid of It?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marlino, May 17, 2016.

1. Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi all,

First I want to thank the people behind this forum very much. Without the help of you I'd be lost by now.

Now my question:
      I've T for 4 month now. Usually my left ear made the noise. A very high pitched sound, which I gradually began to hear in my head and other ear as well.
      Currently I observe that my left ear isn't anymore producing noise as before. When I blocked it with an earplug before it was usually really loud then. I almost couldnt bear the sound like a dentist drill.

But now my ears seem to be completely silent. No dentist drill anymore. But instead my head is humming. Also it seems to pulsate a little with my heartbeat. I don't know if this is better. Feels more weird actually.
      :(

Maybe it is already a neurological reaction to the permanent ear noise? (Like burned into the brain)
      Are there methods to get it out of the brain again? To unlearn it?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I have wondered the same, having the very high pitched T in my ears then head. In fact my T experience sounds very similar to yours.
      I don't have any answers, but there doesn't seem to be much of a strong correlation between how long a person has T and if they perceive it in their head or ears.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marlino
      Cowboy

Marlino Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It's so pathetic, all this permanent monitoring of your T status and this craving for hope. Was out for a walk and now its bad again.

@Alue: what's your age? Did you find something worth to share? How do you cope? I'm currently trying high dose of vinpocetine, 90mg per day since last week. Seems to help a little... but its no remedy.

4. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I wish I knew the answer. I have no idea but maybe you could talk to your doctor about klonopin. It is a benzo that can help lessen some types of tinnitus but also used short term as an anticonvulsant. It shouldn't be taken long term though because of very bad tolerance and withdrawal issues. If it works maybe it will give you an idea of what direction to go and you can ask a neurologist for a long term strategy.