Tinnitus from Megavitamin-B6 Syndrome / Potential Dental Connection — Requesting Your Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CraigMichael, Mar 7, 2022.

1. CraigMichael

CraigMichael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Megavitamin-B6 Syndrome and/or dental-related issue
      TL;DR - When I see my dentist next week, what should I know as to direct him to correct a tooth in a way that would have the best chance of eliminating tinnitus that may be downstream from it?

Full story - I developed tinnitus in my left here after I was diagnosed with B6 toxicity (more formally known as Megavitamin-B6 syndrome, it's a neuropathy that develops from taking supplemental B6 for several years) back in September of 2019. My neurologist told me it would likely go away, and it did eventually become intermittent—sometimes disappearing for days, weeks or months, then coming back for a bit and going away. Since February of 2020 it's been my only lingering symptom--of many--that I attributed to the neuropathy. My neurologist said it would take longer to heal than others, so I was hoping someday it would just go away and never come back.

A recent event is making think, however, that my tinnitus has multiple etiologies (maybe two contributing factors). I suspect my upper left second molar, which is in pretty bad shape (has several fillings and is occasionally temperature sensitive), might also be playing a role here. And I have more evidence to suggest this is the case now.

On Friday (3/4), I did something really dumb. I was having a hard time getting a cap off a small bottle and went to open it using my teeth and thoughtlessly tried to open it with the left side of my jaw.

Since then, the tinnitus has been back consistently and I've been having pain in that tooth. It makes me think that there was likely to things contributing to the tinnitus, the Megavitamin-B6 syndrome and that tooth.

But I'm uncertain as to how to communicate this to my dentist in the most constructive way. What I mean is that however he attempts to fix the tooth, I want him to be sufficiently aware of the issue and definitely not do anything that could make it worse. I'd like the treatment to be focused on what will most effectively calm the nerve as he restores the tooth.

Any advice from the wise people on this forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
      - Craig