Tinnitus Got Louder ;(

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheGagagirl1234, Nov 1, 2015.

1. TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      I've been living with mild tinnitus for about 7 months now, but yesterday I came up with a pretty stupid idea. I wanted to test how much noise my ears could handle before I eventually would get a spike or something, so I decided to listen to music at the same volume I used to the whole day. It was fine while I did the test but when I went to bed my T was literally screaming at me - just as it did at the beginning so I'm right back to square one... And today it is louder than before. Is it just a spike or has it really got worse?

• Genius Genius x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It sounds like a spike and should settle in a few days.
      Your ears are telling you they arnt happy around loud music.
      If you had it on all day well above 80db to extreme sound then only time will tell . Bit of a silly thing to do but hope the next few days your tinnitus settles ..take care ...lots of love glynis

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I've done that same test a few times. It didn't work out well for me. Most of the time it's temporary, you should be fine In a couple of days. If it is fine though, don't keep doing it. I kept doing it and ended up with really bad H and worsened T. Mind you I was at pubs with people screaming watching hockey, I don't think you would have listened to your music that loud.

4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hopefully it is just a spike...But yeah, very silly idea, don't do it again.

5. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      it can really be just a temporary spike... and i hope it is... and like @Danny Boy said- please please please DO NOT do that again! best of luck- rina

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Thanks for the replies! I'm feeling miserable now because I can't sleep. This means no more concerts for me, and I will never see my idol again :(
      What can I do now?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      My T is really bad today. I can hear it above every day sounds which I couldn't before. I didn't sleep yesterday night :(

8. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @TheGagagirl1234 dont worry , I've done long trips (6+hours) with an convertible very loud desiel engine 4x4 with no protection always got screaming t when I went to bed after every trip on the weekend it stayed like that for 2 or3 days but slowly went back to baseline , however with my own stupidness of not using ear foam plugs properly I now got a worse t the past 2 weeks

9. Kasper
      Jaded

Kasper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown cause (idiopathic)
      Don't do that again. Even though Shia LaBeouf said: "Just do it"

10. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Hi guys. My tinnitus spiked too. Use to only have very mild tinnitus. Now i can hear them over the tv. Has been like this for 24 hours. It should settle down too right? Im praying that at least it settle back to baseline. I did not got expose to any loud sounds. Just a really bad day at work and it happened.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheGagagirl1234

TheGagagirl1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/loud music
      Mine settled down a bit but hopefully it will go back to baseline again. It's been louder in 2 weeks now :(

12. Marcuseva03

Marcuseva03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      Hmmm. Mine settled down abit too after 5 days. We can only wait and see. Remember provide the best environment for your brain to recover. Got to stay calm and keep the anxiety in check.