Tinnitus Got Louder!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ramrusher, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Ramrusher

Ramrusher Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Hello,

I've had T for about 10 years now- and it has always been relatively manageable ( about a 2/10)- annoying but livable with bouts of increases up to 7/10 that we all seem to have. However, over the last two months it has increased to a 5/10 after a minor sinus infection.

I'm approaching 50, and know T worsens with age- but it starting to become unbearable. I become slightly dizzy now and again. Has this happened to anyone else? Will it someday reach 10/10? Has anyone had theirs go up, then back down after this long of a period?

Any responses are appreciated!
      Happy New Year and God Bless

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Happy New Year to @Ramrusher
      I don't believe tinnitus gets worse with age unless a person starts to develop hearing loss or it gets worse. Tinntius can also get worse if there is an underlying medical problem causing it or something that might be temporary, like the sinus infection you mention. Tinnitus that was originally caused by exposure to loud noise, can become worse by further noise exposure or using headphones even at low volume. Not everyone with tinnitus is affected by headphone use but some people are.
      Michael

• Informative Informative x 1