Tinnitus Got Worse Two Days Ago — Doctor Said I Have Congestion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GabyM36, Jan 7, 2020.

1. GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      Hi everyone! My name is Gaby and I’m 19. The first time I heard a ringing in my ears back was in May 2013 when I was just 13 years old. It wasn’t that bad, I could still sleep and live a normal life, but it was something new so I obviously was concerned. I went to the hospital and they prescribed ear drops and that eventually calmed the noise and I kept on with life.

I’m 19 now and like two days ago the noise came back but louder. I’m pretty scared!!! I’ve been getting very bad suicidal thoughts. I’m afraid I’ll have to live with it forever bothering me. I can’t even go to sleep. I’m taking Benadryl and it only keeps me asleep for 3 hours. I’m getting lots of anxiety attacks and I don’t know what to do. I feel like it came back and worse when I took an over counter pill for UTI. I went to the hospital two times and they couldn't figure out what it was.

The second hospital did mention that I have a little of congestion and that can add pressure to the ears. Does this mean it will go away again?

Also the doctor recommended to go to an ent but unfortunately I don’t have Medicaid at the moment

I would also like to note that I’ve been too stressful for the past couple of weeks and many events have happened where it has affected my depression and anxiety? Could this worsen the ringing?

Can you guys please send me positive vibes during this difficult time. I feel like I’m losing my mind!

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Eloy Resendez Jr
      Blah

Eloy Resendez Jr Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Minor hearing loss (twice)
      I can relate Gaby, I’m really sorry your going through this. The best advice I can give you at this time is to read the success stories. I’ve got a story to tell myself as well but I’m not quit where I want to be to share. I will say this, It will get better just don’t give up. I will pray for you. God Bless!

• Like Like x 1
    3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Daily reminder:
      Doctor's don't know jack shit about tinnitus.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GabyM36

GabyM36 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 5 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car accident/whiplash
      Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Deniseh

Deniseh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly b12/folic acid deficiency and GERD
      @GabyM36

Stay positive and as @Eloy Resendez Jr says stick to reading the success stories and give it time.....lots of time and it will get better

Regards

Denise ;)

• Like Like x 2