Tinnitus Inhibited by White Noise

Discussion in 'Support' started by rrf, Feb 4, 2017.

1. rrf

rrf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all.

After 3 months with my tinnitus and without knowing the cause, I would like to try any musical or noise therapy.

My tinnitus luckily is not loud, just a hiss and it has been decreasing since it started, slowly but constant. I think it's multi tonal but when I cover my ear I can identify the main tone, about 3khz. It's also reactive, for example, increases after driving the car.

Since it started, I noticed that when I have a shower, the noise decreases even it's canceled. At the beginning I thought it was due to warm water, but this last week I have been experimenting with music and white noise, and surprisingly, when I listen to white noise it disappears in the same way when I have a shower. Could be white noise a residual inhibition?

I've been reading a lot about music therapies, notched music, acoustic neuromodulation, and before trying any of them, as my tinnitus is not very loud and I don't want it to get worse, which therapy would you recommend on my case? White noise with notched frequencies? Notched music? ACR?

Thanks in advance!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi,
      At the moment their is no cure for tinnitus but ways to help live with it.
      You are doing really well so far and I
      would carry on how you are and not focus on it as you are coping well.
      You should just protect your ears around excessive loud music and if its not effecting your emotions like low mood or keeping you awake your are already on the right path so why mess with whats not broken....
      Stay positive....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      rrf

rrf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks Glynis, that sounds nice. Maybe if what I should start doing...but at the beginning it's normal to search for any solutions and even if the tinnitus is not loud, we want to be as we were before...
      Cheers!;)