Tinnitus: Introduction to a Different Life

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by David Lucas, Mar 30, 2017.

1. David Lucas
      Cloud9

David Lucas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Load sound or Fibromyalgia
      I have had tinnitus for 5 years but in the last 6 months it has peaked to very high levels. I went to an ENT doctor and had a hearing test. I have hearing loss but very minimal. In the last 4 days I have had numbness near my right ear. It scared me so I went to a clinic.

My doctor will order a CT Scan and MRI. I believe the numbness is caused by the tinnitus. I also have fibromyalgia on my left arm and left leg. The numbness is on the right side of the face. The clinic said I did not have stroke. I guess I will go thru these tests to weed some negative issues.

I am trying sound therapy but I am so sure if it will work for since I am a total worry wort. I read conflicting treatment options on the Internet.

2. MrLowBot
      Alienated

MrLowBot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music (loud noise)
      Fear can be a huge trigger to the worse. I remember being 16 and my arms started to twitch so i googled.. and i could not sleep that night because i thought i had ALS. Well.. i did sleep in at around 4 in the morning with tears going down my face to my pillow.. but you get my point.

You said that your hearing loss was minimal, then let me ask you this, how do you feel about your T?
      I want you to ask yourself that question in your head and i want you to answer with an emotion. Believe me after a while you will start to accept it and the stress and anxiety will slowly fade away!

Hope i helped you mate!