Tinnitus No Longer an Issue

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by fatherted, May 31, 2018.

1. fatherted

fatherted Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 25th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Common cold
      Hi everyone,

I'm putting this post up as it seems not many people (at least compared to the number of tinnitus sufferers) bother to come back and post once they get better. I got pretty worried for a time after developing tinnitus and not seeing many posts about it resolving.

Anyway, on April 24th, I developed a common cold which led to an ear infection/inflamed eardrum and liquid in the ear. On Aprile 27th, I also developed tinnitus. It came on suddenly and out of the blue. A high pitched and loud ringing.

A week later, on May 4th, I went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics.

Over the course of a week, the ear infection was resolved and the liquid trapped in my ear began to drain away. The high pitched ringing lessened and I instead developed a mid-tone electrical humming, with a warbling noise over the top. It was quite annoying as the warbling was hard to ignore.

On Friday 25th May, I was still suffering from this humming noise, and warbling, so I went to the doctor again. I was prescribed anti histimines and also began taking turmeric and a high dose of multivitamins.

Over the last week the humming noise has almost dissipated, as has the warbling noise. I do notice a minor high pitched ringing noise, but only if I concentrate on it.

Overall, I consider the tinnitus to no longer be an issue.

For those who have been suffering for a short time, I say, there is hope you will get better. Understand that many people who do have their issues resolve don't bother noting it online.

For those who have been suffering for a long time, I hope you are all doing OK and coping. One day a cure will be found, it's just a matter of time.

Also, for those who have it very bad, I imagine you've spent many hours saying "why me". After all, most people don't suffer from serious tinnitus (the sort that will keep you awake at night and make life difficult). To get it, and get it bad, seems so unfair. Please remember, bad things happen to people all the time, and the reality is, the odds are not in our favour of living to an old age with no ill health. For myself, personally, I still have to deal with gynecomastia from my late teens, and still suffer through herpes (which I contracted from the 3rd person I had unprotected sex with. How unlucky!).

So yeah, I guess I'll leave you guys with this Rocky quote:

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life... But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Good luck everyone

• Agree x 2
      • Hug x 2
      • Like x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Great news for you! Thank you for sharing your story.

3. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thank-you for posting your story here in the Success Stories thread, fatherted. There can never be too many. Yesterday and today were not my best days. Logging in this morning and reading your story and then reading the quote has given me much needed strength.

~emma

• Like Like x 1
    4. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI Medication, Movie Theaters, or Gaming Headphones
      Dude, how is that even remotely a "health issue"? But congrats on beating T and thanks for sharing!

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Julryan

Julryan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 24 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tobramycin
      @fatherted so glad you posted! We need hope! Very happy for you!! Do you mind telling us which antibiotic you used? I suspect infection in myself and would love to know what worked for you. Also great Rocky quote! Thanks.

6. nicole m

nicole m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 20, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Air Pressure? Smoking and Vaping?
      Congrats and thank you for sharing!
      Might I ask what brand/name of antihistamine you were prescribed?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fatherted

fatherted Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 25th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Common cold
      Hey there, it was amoxicillin from memory. Just a short 5 day course. I've read some other antibiotics can be ototoxic, so be careful!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fatherted

fatherted Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 25th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Common cold
      Hi, it says zista cetirizine hydrochloride 10mg on the packet and the doctor said to take one a day.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fatherted

fatherted Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 25th
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Common cold
      Another update: tinnitus is now barely noticeable. All tones have diminished to the point where I can only hear them when I'm surrounded by complete silence (i.e. in bed at night with no sounds except my breathing). Even then, I need to focus on them otherwise they get "zoned out" quite quickly.

I think this will be my last update as I consider myself cured at this point.

Thank You everyone for your comments and i wish you all the best.

• Like Like x 2