Tinnitus Recovery

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by slashdottir, Apr 14, 2017.

1. slashdottir
      Studious

slashdottir Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2009
      I have a tinnitus success story to share

For at least a decade I had been aware of a persistent hum in my left ear. Only noticeable when it was absolutely quiet, such as lying down to go to bed at night, etc. It sounded like a noisy transformer hum.

The other day, however, I awoke to a very loud hum in my ear, not ignorable at all. I became depressed, figuring I must be in for hearing loss. I made an appointment to see an otolaryngologist. Meanwhile, I remembered some advice I read somewhere on TinnitusTalk about a trick you could do with a neti pot and the valsalva maneuver. I decided to give it a shot. I did that trick about 4 times until my eustacian tube could take no more. Now I had a very stuffed up eustacian tube. Oh well. I went about my day.

Later in the day I began to hear a strange echo in my head. Every time I spoke, I would hear an atonal echo, about a millisecond off in timing, and off key as well. Very disturbing. Okay, I looked that up on the internet and found out it means your eustacian tube is propped open. That's weird. I figured it must be trying to dispell the water I sent up there with the neti pot. Or. Perhaps it's telling me it would like more water!

I went back to the bathroom, did the neti pot a few more times.

Some time shortly thereafter, I had a spontaneous cough - even though I was not sick. And a bunch of yucky yellow infected matter came out into my throat and I coughed it out into my hand.

Tinnitus is gone!

Gone!

I guess there was just some gunk (from a cold?) stuck in my eustacian tube all this time. The neti pot trick finally got it out, after enough tries.

• Like Like x 6
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      That's one hell of a story! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

• Agree Agree x 1