Tinnitus Returns After a Day of Little Tinnitus...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Laurie1961, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      I had a day without tinnitus, or rather without much tinnitus. It was there but non-deafening and I was able to concentrate. It was easy to ignore, the sort of level I felt like I could return to life as I once knew it if the noise would stay that low.

But, my relief just ended after going outside where some sort of jet passed over. As it passed directly overhead, I was looking up, searching for it's lights when my tinnitus came back louder than ever. The coincidence has me really bugged because I'd been outside earlier and can't think of anything really that I did different. I looked up at the moon earlier--so it wasn't positional. The only difference is an aircraft flew over.

Has anyone else ever noticed something odd like this when their tinnutus ramps up?

2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is a spike by jet's noise.
      I have this experience too.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Some days I get the feeling that tinnitus never really "goes away". That perhaps it just goes underground and hibernate until it has a reason to come out again. Just my thought

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Some days I think it comes from within, some days I think I have heavy metal poisoning, some days I think it is directed at me intentionally, some days I think it is just environmental. On that happy note...

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      The only thing predictable about tinnitus is its unpredictability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hopefully eventually this spike will be over and you will be back where you were yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Turning off the wifi and unplugging my laptop with the battery removed, seemed to coincide with very little tinnitus yesterday. After dinner turned wifi back on and over the course of 4-5 hrs, tinnitus came back pretty loud. Oddly my refrigerator (2 yr old frigidaire) had some peculiar symptoms that were coincidental to this . (In the past I have wondered if the sound of the refrigerator made my tinnitus worse.)

So, I'm wondering if I should get rid of wifi completely or is it just unrelated and all coincidental. More testing I guess which is hard to do when you have near silence. Today I have tinnitus a little more than yesterday -all was unplugged overnight, so decided what the heck and turned it all back on. Has anyone else had relief after turning off wifi? Computers? Electronics?

Here's an interesting article if you have amalgams--- https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4944481/ about how wifi affects the mercury in amalgams.

8. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Boy do I hear you on that Laurie. I've been reading about the heavy metals, and how to work on getting them out of the body. But in all honesty, the whole T thing seems to still be a mystery. I hear of success reducing, but never healing the ringing (or other sounds folks w/T hear). The environment is another thing I think. My T never got to where I needed a sound playing all night, and most of the day, until I moved to the coast.

9. abbynormal
      Question it

abbynormal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I haven't tried that, but thought about it when I read about something called "Earthing". Man was that weird, but if it works don't fix it right. I haven't tried it though, the Earthing I mean. I could do the wifi but only by turning off my electronics. The wifi is free for my apartment building so I can't turn it all off. Love an update on your success. I sware I'd move if that worked.