Tinnitus Since 6 Days Ago After a Long Session with Headphones

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sonpett, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Sonpett

Sonpett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      After a rather long session with headphones on last Friday I noticed ringing in my right ear when I moved my head.

The next morning I woke up and the ringing was still there, at a lower volume, but constant.
      It's been 6 days now, I have cleaned my ears (there was a lot of wax built up). I have been to see a doctor twice, but they just send me home and said there is nothing to be done.

I am 22 and don't want this constant ringing in my head for the rest of my life, especially not if it gets worse.

I am really scared. Is there anything I can do?

2. caretaker
      Alienated

caretaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (LSD) 11/4 = 1 hit, 11/5 = 2 hits, 12/6 = 7 hits
      Hi. I am recent as well. I am 24. I am looking into helping mine not get worse. If you need some relief you can download the tracks they have on here, it is helping me to not focus on the noise. I also read anxiety makes it worse. Try to relax and don't focus on it.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Stop using headphones. Give your body a chance to recover - for the next year, protect your ears even from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner.

There is a high chance that you will hear silence again. Check out
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/
      T tends to change for the better - it gets quieter and the ringing often changes to a hiss that is easier to ignore. So even if your T is permanent, the sound that you hear now will most likely not be what you will be stuck with.

• Like Like x 2