Tinnitus Stabilizing After 4 Months?

Discussion in 'Support' started by New Guy, Jul 17, 2018.

1. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      I've had t for 4 1/2 months now and the cause of my tinnitus is noise induced hearing loss. One loud 2 1/2 hr event brought the tinnitus on for me.

The first couple months it was loud, really loud. The 3rd month it started to fade a bit and change from eee to static like tones at times.

The last month or so all I've had is the eee. If I go in a quiet room the eee is pretty darn loud. Not quite what it was the first couple months but loud.

I'm wondering if this is what I'm going to get. I felt I was making progress and the volume was going down but I feel like the progress has stopped. I did get exposed to sirens for 5-10 minutes with my fingers being my only protection about 2 months ago. Progress seemed to stop after that.

I'd love to hear what anyone with noise induced hearing loss or noise induced t has to say.

Thank you!

2. sirhand
      Anime

sirhand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/20/2018 4:30 pm
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      4 hour (apparently too loud) headphone session
      Your case is very similar to mine. I'm not expecting the eee to go away. But I had other lower tones that are mostly gone now. If I am still making progress it is so slow I can't tell if it's just habituation.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      @sirhand

It sounds like our cases are exactly the same except I got t a week later than you. The level of the t isn't awful except in quiet rooms but I had hoped it would continue to lower.

4. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      In my case it usually got better just whenever i gave up on it getting better. As time goes in it seems to take longer for each stage of the process. So now i'm only really seeing differences every month or longer now but when it happens i feel like i have a few days maybe a week of better, better, better then same, same, same for a month.

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The more it fades, the slower it begins to fade. But it is likely still fading. You might not notice any changes from month to month, but I bet your T 6, 12, 24 months from now will be different from what you are hearing right now.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      I am almost 10 months in and I am not seeing any improvement. Well technically it worsened in January and since then I didnt see any improvement except for two days of moderate tinnitus, the rest is pretty severe with severe hyperacusis.