Tinnitus Sufferer for 5 Months

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mussie, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mussie

Mussie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello guys. My name is mussie and i have been suffering from tinnitus for 5 months now.

I have seen different ent doctors and they told me that my ear was fine and told me to get my jaw checked. I have had audiogram check and my hearing was normal. Even though the doctors told me that my ear was fine, i feel like it's getting worse and worse. I get fleeting tinnitus on daily basis aside from the normal tinnitus. Am really worried that am gonna lose my hearing.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to tinnitus talk mussie.
      Your dentist can rule out TMJ that is basically jaw inflamation from a poor bite or grinding teeth or impacted wisdom teeth and as the jaw joint is by your middle ear it can cause tinnitus.

Tinnitus can give you fluctuating hearing loss as tinnitus spikes or ETD but goes back to normal in between.
      Try not to worry about your hearing just protect your ears from loud sounds in pubs and clubs by wearing noise reduction plugs....lots of love glynis

3. DirM
      Pensive

DirM Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ/TMD
      Hi Mussie, we are similar in that my T started 6 months ago, but I was diagnosed as TMJ disorder in a month, and orthotics for three months and now with braces to reset my bite, have lowered my T from a 7 to a 2 over the last 5 months.

In my opinion, if your T is not caused by hearing loss or nerve damage, it's an inflammation problem of some sort. In the beginning muscle relaxers (robaxin) helped a lot, and today NSAIDs (Alieve) drops it a notch as I work to get rid of the source of inflammation, the misalignment of my bite.

I still get spikes and what I call "fliers" ( brief moments of intense T) but the overall level has gone down for me.