Tinnitus Synergy

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by jacob21, Mar 17, 2017.

1. jacob21
      Amazed

jacob21 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 > 2009 "cured" >2nd onset June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induce ( loud music )
    2. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Dr. Jay Hobbs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Blessed to not have...often
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Hi Jacob. Tinnitus Synergy is my site and program. If there is something I can answer for you, let me know.

3. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      Very interesting @Dr. Jay Hobbs. Have you had a good amount of success with your program? Is it akin to tinnitus retraining therapy?

4. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      We have seen good improvement, although not enough that I am elated yet. I haven't been able to formerly study all 3 phase of the program yet.
      When we studied a single phase of the program (the ADT-s), we demonstrated an average of 28% improvement with 30 days of 3o min/day training on tones. We demonstrated that this could be done on the internet and by using animal sounds, instead of pure tones. ADT is Auditory Discrimination Therapy. It is listening to similar sound sets and answering questions about their character.
      With just a few people we added the early version of 1 of the 2 other elements of the program, the Healthy Brain Program. This program evaluates, educates about, and encourages change in the categories of Diet, Exercise, Sleep., Stress, GI health, and nutritional status. With these participants, we saw 39% average improvement. We expected this, since we saw some of these characteristics in the first study participants who responded better. So, we now encourage everyone to address these elements as well as they can BEFORE and DURING the other phases of the program.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Jan64

Jan64 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Dear all,
      Considering Auditory Discrimination Therapy, watched the video and read the website www.tinnitussynergy.com. Looks promising. One question: is it also suitable when the tinnitus pitch is 13 kHz?
      Kind regards,
      Jan

6. Dr. Jay Hobbs
      Studious

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NA
      Hi @Jan64 , We have had several participants that had a tinnitus frequency of even 14,000 Hz. I did a little more looking after seeing your question. I hadn't analyzed just very high frequency participants in isolation.
      Interestingly, the only person that "didn't improve" (as part of the overall data analysis) who was also 13,000 Hz or higher, their THI actually improved by 54%, they said the "felt like I improved 10%.," but their "Average Intensity" VAS worsened by 12%.
      That data was from the ADT-s (ADT-Synergy) ONLY research. It isn't offered in isolation. We offer it as part of a package that includes basic guided internet CBT, the Healthy Brain Lifestyle program, Self-TPT for tinnitus, and ADT-s.

7. Jan64

Jan64 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Dear Dr. Hobbs,
      Thank you for the quick and thorough reply! Looks promising! I will decide this weekend.
      Kind regards,
      Jan