Tinnitus' Weird Ways

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rainbowsheep, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Rainbowsheep
      Cheerful

Rainbowsheep Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music, I suppose
      So. I got another spike in my tinnitus the other day and I really don't know what caused it.

I wasn't near any loud noises at the time. It was just one of those fleeting tinnitus experiences that never really faded entirely. It was the same way my tinnitus started. I haven't got a clue to what might cause it. My best guess would be a combination of tense jaw - and neck muscles and anxiousness.

It is quite annoying because it has just faded back to the loudness of my baseline tinnitus from the last spike I got a year ago. Luckily it's not nearly as loud as that spike. So it's bearable. And it has already faded a little so hopefully this one will subside a lot quicker than the last spike.

Anyway. I won't let it get me. I will continue to live my life the best that I have learned. I'm sure that somewhere in a future I will get to see there is hope that someone will discover how to cure this ringing. But up until then I guess the only thing to do is to keep on living. And try to enjoy life the best as I can.

Which I very much intend to do as I'm only about to turn 22. There is so much of life I haven't got to see yet!

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. NeuroNut
      Balanced

NeuroNut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear blockage (maybe)
      In my view, tinnitus loudness is principally a function of attention. If there's no new, sudden hearing loss, you have probably just started paying more attention to the sound.

• Like Like x 1