Tinnitus with Love from Paris

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CantHearUknockin, Dec 27, 2015.

1. CantHearUknockin

CantHearUknockin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      So hey guys and girls,

I've been reading a lot from these forums, gave me hope and sometimes complete despair.
      None the less. I'm a 31 year old guy from Paris, and have tinnitus since about 10 years, after going crazy on drums, and back in the day nobody told me tinitus needed to be cured quickly, in best case scenario. And doctors aren't really helpfull except from writing on a piece of paper, "here take some cortisone, it might go away, otherwise, just live with it". That's what i did, i lived with this high pitched sound everyday (11400Hz), and went to seek almost every possible solution, Hypnosis, plants, meditation, in the end, it tammed itself, and was really managable, at night i just had a little fan to help me and i was good. Plus booze was on my side.

Recently i went to a party, and even after using earplugs, my T got worse, it's been a couple or rough weeks, again, under cortisone, dark thoughts going through mind, trying to stay above surface anyway.

I haven't made peace with it, i'm still trying struggling to get past is, to get my mind to accept, and to quote from matrix if you haven't seen it yet, this is my thought on tinnitus :

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realise the Truth... There is no spoon... Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself"

So Back to meditation, and getting to train my 31 year old brain, not good as new, but hope it still has some flexibility.

That's the story.
      Cheers

Sorry for typos, French dude :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Lmsdocjeff

Lmsdocjeff Member

Your Matrix quote is truly appropriate for all if us living with T. There is one particular principle of the mind that we with T must always be aware. It's called the law of reversed effect. The way our brains are wired, the more we try to STOP doing something the more difficult it becomes. We tend to do it even more. If I try to not think of the color Blue, I start thinking about the color Blue in order to not think about it! The key is to get your brain to DO something, not STOP something. On that color example, If I instead just think of the color Orange, I have success. If I'm trying not to be stressed, then rather than thinking of stress, think on how to relax and what that is.
      Just some thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Oh, I like that!

@CantHearUknockin Welcome to the forum. Just reading your words, you have a really good attitude about your situation. I think you'll be fine.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CantHearUknockin

CantHearUknockin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Well that's really good take on it, I think these kind of little tips well help a lot in managing the mother brain :) I Really like the positive attitude of people here, i'm usually very sceptical about intervening on the web regarding medical problems.

@Cheza , thanks for the welcome, I hope you don't hold any grudge with dogs, their are the coolest ;)

5. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      J'adore les chiens!

I had to go way back in my memory to remember how to say that. :p