TMJ Issues and Osteopathy

Discussion in 'Support' started by bellafjelle, Jul 25, 2017.

1. bellafjelle
      Angelic

bellafjelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault which perforated my ear drum (Spike 2017 unknown)
      Hello all,

So I just had a night in hell. I had an important appointment today at the hospital for a check up after my cancer operation two years ago, but last night when I got ready for bed I could feel the anxiety coming and eventually I had anxiety attacks. I had a total lack of accept of my tinnitus and just kept thinking about it and listening to it. The hours went by and I kept suffering more and more. At last I took a benzodiazepine and managed to sleep a few hours. But I had to reschedule my appointment at the hospital and use the rest of the day resting.

It made me think on my current situation and progress on my tinnitus.

I've had some consultations with an osteopath because we have an idea that TMJ is somehow the cause of my spike that started 6 months ago. The TMJ started the same time as the spike began.

The first meetings didn't do that much to the tinnitus. But we have since managed to find a trigger point for my T which happens when he treats my jaw. It'll increase in loudness.

The interesting stuff happened when he began to actually get a good grip on the jaw and where he pushes it and then pulls it back again. He does this for a while - on both sides. He did this on 2 occasions and they both had an impact on my T. When I would leave his office, I would later on notice a different form of my T that could last the day out or a couple days followed by a soreness. This would then lead to quite a noticeable decrease in my T and a really delightful relief. The last time it lasted for almost 4-5 days. Then it goes back to the initial spike. But man...this last time was some really excellent days! I could some times be in my office and almost not notice my tinnitus.

It kind of makes me sad and hopeless when it goes back. So I have a few questions for advice.

1) Do I need to give it more time with these jaw treatments? I mean, after all, he has only done this twice.

2) What can be the cause of the decrease in tinnitus when he does this with my jaw?

2. Horizon
      No Mood

Horizon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ?
      I hope you get good news from your hospital appointment. I used to get slight relief from my tinnitus after chiropractic treatments, the chiropractor eventually persuaded me to see a TMJ orthodontist. My tinnitus is now much better than it was. If I don't move my jaw things improve even more so I ask myself a similar question what can be the cause of the decrease in tinnitus when I don't move my jaw? If you find an answer please let me know.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bellafjelle
      Angelic

bellafjelle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault which perforated my ear drum (Spike 2017 unknown)
      Hi Horizon!

What did the TMJ orthodontist do?