To YOU, the New Tinnitus Sufferer

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dubbyaman, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Hello and welcome to this forum. You will find lots of information here that would of been helpful to know before you acquired your tinnitus and you can thank your shitty government and lazy doctors for the way this horrible affliction is ignored. Ah yeah, sound machines, hearing aids are promoted like crazy by the stupid doctors but they don't cure the goddamn problem. You are in your situation now because this world is full of pieces of shit for human beings that don't understand that they are gonna die one day therefor they have a never ending greedy self serving ego. In other words, if we all looked out for one another instead of trying to be our own gods, this condition and many many others wouldn't even exist anymore. I know some of you are reading this from the distant future. How is it there? Is trump president?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Tactful as ever Dubbyaman........lots of love glynis

• Funny Funny x 1
    3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Yes, if we could unite all our suffering it would be tonnes of pain, tears, desperation...
      But it could also move us closer to some solution, but no, we obviously like to suffer... endlesly!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      New sufferers need to read that hateful rant like I need a third nipple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Hello from 2017!

Let me assure you, President Martha Stewart has used the entire Pentagon budget to find a cure for tinnitus. Yay! Unfortunately without a defense budget we were promptly invaded by Canada and now attending hockey games is compulsory for the masses as is putting maple syrup on everything one eats. (and occasionally things one doesn't eat)

It's nice to finally be tinnitus free, but I sometimes wonder if the trade-off was worth it, especially when I find myself pouring maple syrup on my lobster dinner, sigh... :(

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      Dubbyaman i'm agree with you nobody care damn things about how much we chauffeuring that's why I still saying we have to do something about it we need to get on the street with signs and let him know to people how was suffering because reading about how much we chauffeuring that's why I still saying we have to do something about it we need to get on the street with signs and let him know to people how was suffering because because writing down things in this forum it is not a solution we have to get all four once I let him know to everybody how was suffering for discrimination .

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Penate

Penate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/04/2015
      Actually nobody knows what I've been through for the last past six months I lost my wife lost my house and I'm losing my family because this piece of shit evil stuff and nobody care The only talking about TRT CBD and Allcon a bull crap and if it's going to work we need the real medication to be looking for 50 years but always about money .

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Dr. Michael D. Seidman explains Tinnitus or...

9. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Damn it, wish baba Vanga was still alive to ask her if we have anything to hope for:)

10. NineNails

NineNails Member

I'm willing to trade my T with Trump. Better be stupid and fugly than this torture.

11. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Totally agree..maybe changing the name of the post would be appropriate. Don't think any new sufferer needs this lol..

12. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      Great read lol.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Yeah?? Did you know about T before you got it? Even if you did, you have to agree that theres really no awareness out there.
      linearb Hateful rant?? Really? Oh im sorry. Are you telling me you love your T? Got news for ya....new sufferers are not gonna be filled with joy when they come here for the first time. They are going to be scared and pissed off like I was when I got it and most of them are probably gonna feel robbed because they didn't know it was out there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    14. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I knew about tinnitus and had fleeting cases before but they always went away. I did NOT know it could be permenant. My case is not caused by noise induction or anything like that and frankly they don't know what caused it. So, even if I had known about it before I got it I doubt I could've prevented it. That being said, coming to this site I was terrified and needed help and support from people who understood. I didn't run into a bunch of negative posts and instead was given the support I needed to make it 9 weeks without resorting to anti-anxiety medications which was where I was rapidly heading.

So, I'm glad I found this site. I understand the frustration, anger and depression or the "robbed feeling " like you're saying but I don't think your post is the first one any new sufferer should read because regardless, they have T and have to learn how to cope with it and external negativity doesn't really help that. We all have enough internal negative thoughts about our T. Opening an ultra negative post the first time I came here may have hindered me even more. I don't know. Not bashing you, but just don't think it's something I would've wanted to read coming here for the first time. Thats all.

I agree there isn't enough awareness about it and maybe if there were there would be a better treatment/cure.. But for now, all we can do is take it day by day.

• Like Like x 1
    15. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also, just a side note I'm NOT saying you shouldn't post things like this because you should. It's how you feel and you should absolutely post your feelings. I was just saying I don't think the title should be aimed at new sufferers specifically. Thats all.

• Like Like x 1
    16. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      Actually the calm and collective approach seems to be the last thing we need and that is basically the
      point of his writing.New T comers should read about frustration and the suffering.
      That's basically lacking anywhere you turn to " There's nothing you can do about it,learn to live with it ".
      I fully understand the intent of his post,it put a smile on my face because i felt the recognition.
      There's different approaches towards support,speaking your mind is one of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Natalie Roberts I understand what you're saying. I just get frustrated and say things on here without thinking and considering those factors. We are all in this together at the end of the day but then again, we are not. So many experience different noise at different volumes. So many have H along with T and all we can do about it is talk and draw strength off one another on this forum which is great. Markku has saved a lot of lives by creating this site. He saved mine. Support is great but its not solving the problem. For the record, i'm sorry if I rubbed some the wrong way.

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You didn't rub me the wrong way.. I've read/researched enough to know this may be permenant for myself and that scares me. I don't like to think about it so for myself personally, I get really depressed when I start thinking long term and instead use this site for support and positivity otherwise I would totally lose it.. I think its great to speak your mind. I've done it before, voicing my fears, frustrations etc.. I just was worried about this thread being directed towards new sufferers thats all. :)

I agree he should speak his mind. I've done it too. My fears, frustrations, panic etc.. I never said he shouldn't post his thoughts just that the post may be directed towards the wrong group of people. But, then again everyone copes and handles things differently. For me, I'm trying to see the positive side and help myself habituate or adjust to this as good as I can so I can try and move on with my life. I don't personally agree that new T sufferers should read about frustration/suffering first post they come on here looking for help because they are already suffering and are probably frustrated enough. On the opposite, they should read success stories and learn how to cope with it.

Again, just voicing my opinion, as a newcomer. :)

• Like Like x 2
    19. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      If I read this thread as a new member, I would think that it was hilarious and real. The first thing that I would recognize is the fact that this guy has T, struggles and still maintains his sense of humor. The second would be the sense of frustration which I would relate to imediately and not feel so isolated in my own emotions. The third would be his willingness to open up and express himself. All positive things in my view.

In my opinion it's always the most negative people around who whine and complain about others being negative instead of just looking for and finding the positives. It seems some folks are so negative that everything has to be sunshine and roses or they feel negative or somehow threatened imediately.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    20. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      :ROFL:

• Like Like x 1