Ugh... The Ringing in My Ears Has Gone Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Pwndex, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Pwndex

Pwndex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8yr
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello :)

For about 7 years now I have been dealing with a non-stop ringing in my left year, like most the first couple of months of having it I found it hard to deal with until suddenly I no longer had ringing in my ears, either I have been really good at ignoring it, or it went away because something was causing it, I have no idea!

I'm a medical disaster, I have something called Crohns that is currently active so I'm taking steroid medication for it, I also have a problem with my whole face in that my nose is always feeling blocked and can't really breath with it... I'm also currently having a problem with my upper Jaw in that no matter which way I move it I can hear a really loud bone cracking sound in my left ear and the left Jaw feels really tight, and I can hear a grinding sound on my right ear but that side really isn't that tight..

After finding out about my Jaw issue and me always moving it around trying to get it to not feel tight I have been getting a really strange pressure feeling in my left ear followed by two really loud ringing sound tones that changes in how loud it is almost everyday.. there is days where I'll go to bed and its so low I'll have no problem sleeping, and then other days It'll be so loud I won't be able to sleep. I also get ringing in my right ear sometimes.. but it comes and goes as it feels, it is really weird.

My ear ringing came back at about the same time as I started taking my steroid meds for my Crohns about two weeks ago, two weeks ago I also picked up a cold which completely blocked my already blocked nose, I don't feel like my ringing is caused by hearing loss because I can hear people just fine from very far distances.

Could all these medical problems I am having be causing this issue? I read that Crohns can cause you to get arthritis, but if I'm taking steroid medication shouldn't it be helping the ringing rather than making it worse? ;o I feel like I might need to go to the doctor about this to try and solve the reasons why my nose is always blocked, why I'm feeling pressure in my ear and why my Jaws are clicking and feeling really stiff, I'm just hoping one of these medical conditions is the reason for the sudden high ring in my ear :{

Anyone got any comments or know anything about what I have types that could cause this? Maybe lack of Iron from Crohns bleeding? Not enough water? I really dont know what is going on :{

2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Pwndex Having non stop ringing in left ear and then it made have disappeared is amazing. Ringing in one ear is usually somatic related to either neck, jaw or both.

Your current ringing problem may be your current jaw problem. This can cause pressure in the ear, facial problems and a blocked nose. You may not have a real cold, but reactions from your temporomandibular joint upper jaw. Possible arthritis may be causing your jaw problem or a recent neck injury or muscle spasms within neck.

It's also possible that you do have a cold and that is causing your jaw problem. See what happens in a week or two.

3. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi @Pwndex , @Greg Sacramento may be correct. Your tinnitus may be related to you jaw. I would highly recommend speaking to a doctor about this as soon as possible. I do not know what medication you are taking, but you should be able to get the information on possible side-effects from your pharmacist. If you did not receive the entire package, each package for medication that pharmacies split up into smaller prescriptions contains a piece of paper, usually large, folded into an incredibly small package, and with almost unreadably tiny print that will contain a list of possible side-effects along with a lot of other information. Talk to you pharmacist about the possible side-effect and to you doctor about a possible connection between your jaw and tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pwndex

Pwndex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8yr
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey thank you :)

I'll certainly book to see my doctor tomorrow, it takes about two weeks but I'm rather good at dealing with problems so the wait won't feel that long.

It could be my Jaw, I have been going to a Dentist that honestly isn't really that good ( For many reasons ).

Looking at how my Jaw is resting my lower Jaw is sitting back ways with my top Jaw keeping forward, I think this could be an " overbite " which may be causing TMJ issues.. I could even have a separate issue with my nose because I was given antibiotics once when my sinus was inflamed and causing a lump under three teeth causing crazy amounts of pain, my father also mentioned that it could be my Wisdom tooth causing the inflammation of my Jaw, which could be aggravating my ear ringing that has been " sleeping " for a long time ;p

I take something called Ascol for my Crohns, I don't see anything about hearing and ear ringing, but I see things such as high blood pressure, increased anxity etc, that could cause a " sleeping " ear ring to turn active I'm sure, anyway.. I'll go see a Doctor I think, and also change Dentist, I'm pretty sure a proper Dentist would have given me X-rays during some daily checkups and could have been able to tell me about issues that may accrue from my misaligned teeth, the one I go to does not do that x-ray stuff, only on the teeth and never on the Jaw. ;o

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pwndex

Pwndex Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8yr
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry for bumping but this is really confusing me :)

I followed some guidance on another topic about giving yourself a neck massages, and also doing it around the face and Jaw, when I did that I felt my left eardrum rumble and for the rest of the night when laying down I had only very low pitch ringing in my left ear and nothing on my right, when I woke up and sat up, I got hit with a really loud ring in my left ear followed by the feeling of something applying pressure to my eardrum, very slowly the ring went down to its normal low pitch that makes it almost not noticeable, with the pressure feeling going down as well.. I guess this could very well be something to do with muscles or tubes ;o?

6. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Pwndex I think that very soft touch finger movement on the neck may be fine, but I haven't figure out from reading if it's ready advisable for TMD. There's several debated subjective causes for TMD. Then there's actual causes that includes dental trauma and having mouth extended in an open position for too long. Wisdom teeth issues.

There's also posttraumatic TMD which is pTMD from whiplash injury which could also could be from a dental experience or accident - muscle trauma of the neck being bend toward. Bite may become off. The neck is always involved in this.

I think caution for using exercises for the neck or TMD should be taken if problems are related to pTMD. Often mouth guards are used and short term use of neck braces as the first line of therapy. I will get a neck brace next week. I will see if it helps my neck and pTMD. I will next have to start slow head movements for loss of lordosis. This is common when trauma has taken place.

• Like Like x 1