Ultra High-Pitched Tinnitus and Ear Pressure

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artmuzz, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

I don't know if its the utra high pitched ringing in my ear which is making my ear feel like I have pressure in my ear and it feels full. A few months ago I mentioned on here that I was experiencing utra high pitched tinnitus which sounds similar to the high pitched noise coming from an old CRT television or computer monitor.

I was experiencing those horrible symptoms while experiencing the symptoms of anxiety and depression after suffering a panic attack. Anyway, the tinnitus kind of went away and the full feeling disappeared only to return last week.

Now I've got this horrible full feeling in my right ear alongside the ultra hight pitched tinnitus. I have also noticed that waking up up in the early hours of the morning not only do I have the high pitched tinnitus but I have a slight low rumbling sound accompanying it too. The low rumbling noise is like as if there is a lorry parked outside in the distance with its engines on. However, the low rumbling sound has disappeared.

Please advise

2. daniel1111
      Shitfaced

daniel1111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, repeated exposure with loud headphones.
      From personal experience, I've found that tinnitus makes me pay more attention to my ears (and other areas that are commonly said to affect tinnitus, like the neck and jaw), and I notice sensations and feelings I never noticed before but are completely normal. T just made me worry about those things more.

As for your case, it's not something that can be diagnosed over a forum. You need to visit your doctor/ENT to see if there's anything going on there. It sounds like there could be, but you need to go and see someone about it.

3. AlexK

AlexK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Hey, I'm pretty much in the exact same boat as you. Mine started around 5 months ago, it's only in my left ear and its super high pitched. I used a tone generator and it's at around 17000 hertz. Occasionally I'll hear pulses, they don't match my heartbeat it's completely random, though this happens less frequently now. I also get this feeling that there's a fullness, and I can't pop that ear when I yawn.

There are times when it will dissapear for a week or two and then return, it makes it really hard for me to sleep sometimes, and it's always worse at night.

Something I have found that helps a bit is if you match the tone with a noise generator, and listen to it for a little bit. When you turn it off, the sound should be a bit quieter.

I used http://onlinetonegenerator.com/ because it's free.

4. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Artmuzz hi! I just read your post and I have the same exact symptoms. Started about a month ago. Have you found anything that helps? It's really driving me insane. Thanks!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

Hi TeresaD, Unfortunately, I haven't found anything that helps yet and it is now in both ears as if it is coming from my head. The only thing that seems to work during the day is when my tinnitus is masked by external environmental sounds. It is when I am sitting or lying down in a quiet environment that I can hear the horrible high pitched tinnitus which is between 16000 and 17000 hertz and is usually (but not always) accompanied by a migraine headache. I am thinking that the cause of my high pitched tinnitus is due to me clenching my teeth in my sleep at night and as I suffer from anxiety and depression, my muscles are tense a lot of the time. Another thing I am thinking is that I suffer a lot of migraines and my neck muscles are sore due to not sleeping properly. This weekend has been a nightmare as I have woken in the early hours of the morning to go to the bathroom and my high pitched tinnitus has been loud which puts me into a state of panic and I am unable to go back to sleep.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Shafii sigera

Shafii sigera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Am goin through the same thing, the T sometimes disappear for days then the hissing comes bacm again,. But the problem with this is sinus and ETD, The tube does not open normally as it should, somethin could be trapped behind our ear drum, causing pressure and ringing,. Eustacian tube takes really long time to heal and function normal, thats in mornin and during the night it when T changes,. Try nosal drop that breaks down the mucus, use steam, dnt blow your nose this will increase pressure in your ears. . But the simple way to know if its a ETD clear your nose mucus then close your two nosal and blow, see how long it takes to pop the right and left ear to fullness,. Dnt blow too hard your will get other staffs trap in the middle ear you dnt want to do that T will increase..

7. TeresaD
      Fine

TeresaD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Artmuzz
      I feel like I'm clenching my jaw and neck muscles all the time so I make a conciense effort to relax them both. Unfortunately you can't do that when you're sleeping and I wake up feeling like my Jake is clamped shut. I also have anxiety and panic attacks. I tried physical therapy about a year ago and it seemed to help. I'm going to try it again. I'll keep you updated if it helps.
      @Shafii sigera
      Thanks for posting. Can you get ETD without a cold? I haven't had a cold in a long time. All I can think of is minor allergies (I'm talking maybe a couple sneezes a day). So, just to clarify, should we blow to clear our ears or not? I'll try the steam. How about a netti pot? Have you tried that? Thanks!!

8. Shafii sigera

Shafii sigera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Artmuzz yes,. Inflammation my occur due to other reasons than infections,. Today i woke up with no T at all i knw it will stay like this for three days,.. My T respond to nosal drops and the way i sleep,. If i sleep on my right side that is guaranteed in the morning ill have strong T,.

9. REDSNOW106

REDSNOW106 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at Concert
      I notice that alot ppl high frequency T seems to come and go and sometimes easier to mask then the low frequency. I also heard that after a couple of months or years that they dont even hear their high pitched T anymore. I wonder is this due the gradual hearing lost with age or if their brain got use to the sound and igorned it. I do recommend you to use a app like "frequency sound generator" to find out the range of your hearing now and where T is located on that scale.