Unique Access Medical in Thailand

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by TOVEGA, May 3, 2017.

1. TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Has anyone heard of this place? Or have any experience with them? Anyone been there? They show tinnitus treatment for a woman named Samantha from Australia but do not show any specific treatments other than stretching. See:

http://uniqueaccess.com/tinnitus/samantha-38-tinnitus-australia/

Anyone know anything about her results?

Any info would be great. Thanks.

2. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I can do it at home? Why is it Unique Access?

4. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      This seems kind of surreal...

Samantha has tinnitus, therefore she goes to Unique Access in Thailand and does stretching exercises.

Unique Access takes pictures of her doing stretching exercises, does not comment on why or whether it did anything for her tinnitus?

Is this a joke...hehe ...lol

• Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
    5. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2010 / 2016 Both SSRI Withdrawal and Mild Hearing Loss
      Ha ha, this is weird. I have been in contact with them. It's a good facility and they do offer a legit tinnitus stem cell treatment but the blog post makes absolutely no sense. I'm wondering if she received stem cell treatment and this is one of the adjunct therapies they offer as part of the recovery. If not, the exercises can suck it :wideyed:.

• Like Like x 2
    6. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      What has led you to conclude they offer "legit" stem cell treatment?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I heard from the person who did the therapy and she has not posted any updates as she wants to give the stem cell therapy time to work without getting bombarded with questions. In short the hospital that the stem cell therapy is done is called World Medical Centre, which she said was a first class facility. The exercise portion was done done as part of the program that they do as they also treat spinal injuries and people with ALS etc... Since she was already there it was more to pass the time. But they do deliver stem cells through both IV and lumbar puncture done by an anesthesiologist. So far the therapy has not given her the results she wanted, but anecdotally another man who was treated with stem cells at another facility for back pain has his T reduced greatly.

I'd be interested to see if anyone else out there has had this therapy, where they had it done and what their results were.

I'm aware that ATEOS had stem cells done 2 times in 2 different clinics and also did a Trobalt regimen. I don't know if anyone else had any success but I view stem cells as holding promise for some. I'd love to hear if anyone else has any first hand experience with any stem cell therapies.

8. cantbelieveit

cantbelieveit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Right... and so you decided to post it on her behalf... :rolleyes:
      Every. Single. Detail.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      If only we had less people that criticized and complained about everything and more people that got up and took action as Samantha did I think we would all be much better off.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 2
    10. cantbelieveit

cantbelieveit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Forever
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      If she wanted it public... probably she would have posted it herself don't you think??? :rolleyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
    11. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just their detailed approach to the treatment of tinnitus (growth factors, lumbar injection, facilities and staff...). As we know, stem cell treatment for tinnitus is still in the early stages so "legit" meaning it may or may not work but they seem to taking a logical and systematic approach. I would trust them.

There was only one difference that really caught my attention though that you might find interesting. StemCells21 does intranasal infusion and they said that's how they can get the cells directly to the brain and that tinnitus patients are very "excited about this". This technique has had some positive results for Parkinson's as well. Unique Access does not offer this.

• Informative Informative x 3
    12. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      How much does their legit treatment cost and did it ever help anyone?

13. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Wojtek Kalka That's the question we all want answers to. They all say that results vary and they've had some positive results. Legit, does't mean it's going to work, just means that as far as available stem cell procedures for T, in my opinion, they seem to be offering a procedure in line with other respected competitors but at a lower price (around 15K). This is only based on my research and questions I have asked each facility.

14. Wojtek Kalka
      Badass

Wojtek Kalka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very loud concert.
      15,000$ is not in the cheap price category... well we all would easily pay it if it helps at least 80% but I doubt it does do anything but just a money grave... come give us money we play with your health... like a lot of the tinnitus clinics imho.

• Like Like x 1
    15. ebbie

ebbie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Anecdotally my dog's sitter's aunt's second cousin's in-law's tinnitus got better a year after stem cell therapy. Anecdotally it was all because of the stem cells... Anecdotally not a big believer in anecdotes :depressed:

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Anecdotes are unfortunately all we have at this point about stem cells and T. So our choices are to sit around, do nothing but complain, ( as it seems most on this forum do ), or take action and try something. ( which it seems very few on this forum do. ) Doing nothing will get you exactly nothing. No risk, no reward. I wish more people would put their money where their mouth is. Besides complaining, being a professional skeptic, waiting for someone to hand you the magic T cure pill for free and just being a critic, does anyone else have anything positive and/or informative to contribute to this topic?

If there were at least a sampling of a couple of dozen people that had any experience with stem cell therapy for T, we could at least figure out what the chances of success are, where the best clinics to go are and what procedures have the best chance of giving a positive result. A first hand account would be great but I'll also take a second hand anecdote.

• Agree Agree x 5
    17. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Not really, except that it seems that it does nothing for T.
      I really can't agree that people here just sit around and do nothing, makes no sense to me ?
      A lot of the activity on this forum is about trying this or that.

You could go for stem cell therapy and tell us if it works, feel free ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Why do you say that stem cells do nothing for T? What leads you to draw that conclusion? I'm only aware of only 3 people getting stem cell treatments for T on this forum. That's out of almost 20,000 registered members at this point. I don;t think that's a large enough sample to be able to draw a conclusion.

If you're aware of any other stories or results of anyone getting stem cell therapy for T do let me know who. The reason I started this post is that I am considering giving it a try. And I'd be happy to post my results if I do as I did when going to see Dr. Wilden in Ibiza. Thanks for any info.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Any results after a year of Wilden's laser?

20. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      It's not only a question of how many people have tried it.
      You could say that about almost anything.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TOVEGA

TOVEGA Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2000 - Spike 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      As far as LLLT goes, not really. I did 10 days with him in Ibiza then I also bought the home laser and did 30 minutes per day, 5-6 days per week for about 1.5 years. The only difference is that I've habituated and tolerate the ringing better. The volume didn't change. However I have read studies and head of others getting improvement from LLLT.
      People are different and react differently.

I'd like to see if there are any similar studies in regards to stem cells and T. Or even anyone on this forum getting it done other than the 3 I am aware of. If anyone has a first or second hand account or any study do share it. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    22. ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
    23. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Because we need to be sensitive to the rights of others to privacy. You are forgetting that whilst you are probably desperate for relief from your t, it is a stressful time for people going through this process. The fact that she didn't post that link to this forum tells me that shes not comfortable with sharing this info yet.

If she has any info to share, I am certain she will.

• Agree Agree x 2
    24. ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      Privacy? Not comfortable sharing that info? If she was so worried about her privacy why allow the clinic to publish pictures of her? It would be much easier than to hide now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      She has chosen not to post on Tinnitus Talk. Why do you think that is?

She isn't "obliged to post about her experiences with stems.

She isn't hiding. She is getting on with her life as best as she can (i would imagine), giving the stems a chance to do their magic. I am sure she wont want to report anything here (if at all) until she knows definitely that they have worked or not worked for her.

If they don't work for her, does it mean they wont work for you? Maybe just try them for yourself as you cant be guaranteed that each person's response will be similar.

Yes, privacy. She has a right to remain private, and not be accused of hiding information from this forum. If she shares, she will want to know that she isn't giving people false hopes.

I wish her all the best:)

• Like Like x 2
    26. ifilip

ifilip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sound
      Yes of course anyone can do what ever they want, but others including me also have the right to ask questions. I don't understand why is this a problem for you?

And I think she hadn't posted here, because she is just not interested spending time and posting here, maybe she forgot about this place completely. That's why in order to get information from a person you need to ask him. Maybe if we get her attention she will reply. That simple this is.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      Her last post is from yesterday so she is definitely active here. It seems she just doesn't want to share her story, unfortunately. Not sure what the rationale could be, it would be very informative for everyone here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I don't have a problem with you asking questions.

I have a problem with your insinuation that she is 'withholding information' from the forum.

We need to be aware that she does deserve privacy if that is what she wants.

29. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree with you Deb. Positive results can take months to show up. My guess is that she hasn't seen anything significant yet but doesn't want to "jinx" things by speaking up too soon. I also know how discouraged I can get when I try something and it doesn't work as planned. It takes some time to come to terms and move on to the next thing. I wish her the best of luck and hope she sees some improvements (which I'm sure she would be happy to share with everyone).

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. Cal18
      Nerdy

Cal18 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I know this thread is about Unique Access but I have been talking to US Stem Cell in Florida (interesting video). They also took the time to discuss the differences of going overseas vs staying the US.

Originally, overseas treatments offered stem cell proliferation (the process for replication of many cells). Recently, FDA approved certain USA clinics to offer this. US Stem Cells' FDA approved clinic is also able to bank your cells and mail them to you for infusion on an ongoing basis. What they don't offer are mesenchymal cord cells. When I asked the difference, they said there wasn't much of a difference because your own cells are also mesenchymal cells AND there's less of a chance of rejection because of this. Pricing is around 11K, additional cells mailed to you are $500 if you know someone (like a nurse friend) who can "find a vein" or have a local doctors office who will infuse them. I thought this was pretty cool because you can get continuous treatments without traveling.

US Stem Cell Differences vs Thailand (or Unique Access):
      Thailand:
      • Supporting Therapies (vitamins, etc.)
      • Growth Factors
      • Lumbar Injection (best way to reach brain/ears)
      • Mesenchymal Cord Cells vs Your Own Mesenchymal Cells
      • Injections into the jaw and near ear
      • Claims that they are treating tinnitus specifically
      US Stem Cells:
      • Growth Factors
      • Your Own Mesenchymal Cells (from your fat tissue) vs Mesenchymal Cord Cells
      • Lumbar Injection (best way to reach brain/ears)
      If these are the really the only differences, I would rather try it here in the US first vs going overseas. I'm not saying this is better, but if it might be work looking into. Open to hearing why Thailand clinics might still be better except for their claims to have specific "tinnitus treatments". Perhaps it's just that stem cell treatments, if done properly (using proliferation), may be helpful for tinnitus.

Also wanted to reinforce that there are still a lot of "rinky dink" clinics popping up all over the US claiming stem cell therapy cures.

• Informative Informative x 6
      • Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1