Unknown Cause of Tinnitus! 14 Male

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dylan123, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Dylan123

Dylan123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Back in May, I had two sinus infections after a trip to Washington DC. After my second sinus infection, a ringing in my ears began. Now in November, I still have it.

I tried prednisone and Flonase, nothing worked. ENT said I had no hearing loss. Took an allergy test, none were severe enough to cause ringing. Tried using Otovent, nothing. No ear wax build up. Not pulsatile. Don’t feel pain in jaw.

Now I’m beginning to lose hope. The ringing seems like it is primarily coming from my left ear, but it’s hard to tell. Please help!

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown / maybe stress / maybe head cold
      Just wanted to offer you some hope that your tinnitus can go away. Its often hard to find a cause though in your case it sounds like it was linked to your sinus infections, but it could be that it has stayed due to your stress levels, this might even just be the stress that the tinnitus is causing in the first place keeping it going. You are young and this is likely to clear up.

Keep seeking answers, help and support from professionals and loved ones and in the meantime here's a link to a youtube video by Julian Cowan Hill who's writing on tinnitus has really helped me:
      How to Let Go of Tinnitus by Julian Cowan Hill

take care and try not to worry (i know thats easier said than done but worry is more tinnitus's friend than yours in this case!)
      heather

• Friendly Friendly x 1