Vertigo Phobia: Scared to Turn My Head to the Right Side of the Pillow

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bharath, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Bharath
      Cloud9

Bharath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      Hey Guys,

About 6 years ago I suffered from tinnitus and vertigo at the same time, it was horrible but fortunately both have subsided. The vertigo took like over 3 years to completely feel like it is gone but I'm worried tilting my head to the right side of the bed because I noticed when I lied down on my right side it triggered the vertigo (at the time when it originally showed up). I'm worried that vertigo might return although it has not and I feel like it is completely gone, somehow I have managed to sleep only on the left side.

How does the vertigo get triggered? Has anyone managed to keep their head either side of the pillow?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Nini

Nini Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Childhood
      This is really interesting, I also face the same problem although I have more frequent attacks of vertigo. I find that if I turn over to the right side of the bed I get whooshes of spinning so I have to flip over back to my other side. What’s that all about?

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      @Nini & @Bharath
      If your type of vertigo is the BPPV kind, then there is a very effective maneuver by a lady MD called 'Half-sommersault maneuver'. She invented this to cure her own BPPV vertigo. I had vertigo a while ago resulting in violent vomiting. I tried this maneuver and it works like a charm. Vertigo is gone in a day and never come back yet (touth wood). I shared this to my friends and relatives who told me about their vertigo and they have had good success too with it. Give it a try as it is quite simple. Good luck. God bless.

Dr Carol Foster - Half Somersault Maneuver -...

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bharath
      Cloud9

Bharath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection
      I remember doctor performing head rolling to settle the fluids, since you mentioned it never returned after that day, you can sleep in any position you keep your head?