Wanting to Hear From More Like Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by WaterLogged, May 24, 2015.

1. WaterLogged
      Gloomy

WaterLogged Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/22/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Water pressure from diving without adjusting.
      I was wondering if anyone has a similar situation to mine at all. I was recently at a springs and was swimming. I was always prone to getting water in my ears but this time I wanted to dive down and check into the actual springs. When doing this I didn't properly allow my ears to adjust to the pressure of the water and so when I surfaced I had discomfort in my ears but threw it up to the pressure and that I was fine. Later on when going home I had discomfort in my ears along with with a minor headache that subsided very quickly.

I must also mention that after the springs I did play video games with headphones though it was a rather quiet game and I kept it very quiet since I don't enjoy loud things as it is. The ringing first started at around 8 pm that night and happened when I was laying down and affected my right ear. I assumed it was the occasional ringing and expected it go away quickly, though it didn't and when I woke up I found it was still there. I know I am quick to ask a community about this since it was only 2 days ago, and my parents bother assure me that it is temporary seeing as they both suffer in some form and say that since no noise was involved that it shouldn't persist.

My main question here is if anyone has had similar issues in the past or has had their T come from something similar to this. I get occasional pressure in my right ear and now left too along with pain in only my left ear. I am hoping this has something to do with ear wax build up, since I have been prone to this in the past (but with no ringing), and that the pressure compacted it and pushed it further into my ear canal.

Any support or information would be lovely and help put me at ease. Thanks.

2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Best thing to do is get to an ENT as soon as you can and let them evaluate you.

3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Agreed. Go to an ENT to see, although I personally would obtain trobalt asap.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaterLogged
      Gloomy

WaterLogged Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/22/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Water pressure from diving without adjusting.
      What is trobalt? Is it a medication of some kind?

5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yes, also called retigabine. It's in the treatment sections. Anyway, got to your doctor firstly get a referral to an ENT and ask for steroids it needs to be taken right away and get some NAC as it'll help protect your hearing. Anyway, if all else fails consider trobalt, as it could help, but you need to have a gander at the treatment section and see the side-effects and see if the benefits outweigh the risk. Good luck buddy.