Warning others about tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emma, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Emma

Emma Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Now that we have experienced tinnitus, has anyone here felt like it is their duty to warn other people they know about T? How about strangers? When I see a person (usually a teen) with their ipods so loud, I wish I could walk over to them and warn them about T. It is not worth it to listen to headphones that loud if T is a consequence. I didnt know tinnitus even existed and I am sure a lot of young people dont either.

2. Lisa Lindel

Lisa Lindel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2012
      I do it all the time. When I sub for a music class I warned students about tinnitus and how it's caused. I got learning material from American Tinnitus Association to give it to the kids.

3. Joel

Joel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/13
      Yeah I totally do this now. I was online reading some news about how our city mayor (New York city) was going to spend $250k on a new awareness campaign to educate teenagers on the dangers of using earbuds/headphones too loud. ALL of the comments we rants on how it was such a waste of money .. the "real" reason for the campaign ..etc. All of a sudden i became the defender of tinnitus awareness and hearing safety on that thread ...it was a war. ;-)