Watch My Progress

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kiwibird, May 31, 2019.

1. Kiwibird

Kiwibird Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noises
      Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not, sadly, to tinnitus. I've had it since forever it seems. I remember my ears ringing for a few days after rock concerts in the 60s and thinking even then that this could become permanent. I can't actually remember when it did but had some pretty bad exposure to noise in my then husband's joinery workshop in the 80s, where I often helped out. Later, in the 90s, I became aware of my sensitivity to some noises (e.g. metal on metal and clapping) and knew I had constant tinnitus. I hated the hyperacusis, but the tinnitus didn't bother me so much as I could ignore it most of the time and it never actually annoyed me.

In recent years I've had two extreme bouts of hyperacusis, which I've eventually overcome with constant high doses of magnesium. But I've noticed the tinnitus becoming steadily worse. I got anxious that it would eventually really bother me, so I began to look into getting help. A few months ago I bought into International Sound Therapy, around $1000. It requires that I listen to low level classical music for 3 hours a day through ear buds and bone conduction. But I've found that it seemed to be making my tinnitus worse. The people at IST assured me that this will only be temporary, and I've persevered for another month, but I'm now too afraid to use it, as the tinnitus is so much louder. If this has made my tinnitus permanently worse, which is what I was trying to avoid in the first place, I'll be furious.

I've just listened to a very long talk by the inventor of Ring Ease, who says that tinnitus is caused by Cochlear Nerve Inflammation. He talks about using citrus maxima, Thai garlic, a special Thai gingko biloba and magnesium to develop his remedy. (But in fact, the online Ring Ease ad says it's made just of gingko biloba, garlic and zinc.)

Anyway, a naturopath in the local health food shop this week talked me into buying a herbal remedy for infection as she felt (she feels things) that I have infection in my neck and head. It's a very powerful concoction, she says, developed by a local woman. I'm going to try that and report back. OK?

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I'm very sorry for your bad experience. Would you like to share it in the thread specific to this treatment? People will benefit from you sharing it:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/sound-therapy-international.751/

Please do report back - however don't expect miracles. If there was a herbal remedy that helped tinnitus, we'd all know about it by now. Through placebo things like that can be helpful though.

I hope it's not homeopathic though, homeopathy is nonsense.

Anyway, welcome to Tinnitus Talk! You will find many likeminded people here, who are going through the issues you are. We all share the damned noise!

• Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    3. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Sorry to hear of your problems with this. It does seem like it has made your tinnitus worse from what you say.I'd recommend anyone with tinnitus to be really, really careful about listening to music - even low-level classical music - through in-ear devices. There does seem to be a lot of evidence that it can make tinnitus worse for many - though not all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      @Kiwibird I only wish you the best. I am 70 1/2. Have had tinnitus for 30 years. Many spikes. I pray for better treatments or a cure. I'd like to hear silence before I die. G-D bless.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kiwibird

Kiwibird Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noises
      Thanks all for your replies. Yes David C I agree, although this was barely audible. But still ...

Thanks, Markku. I'm open to herbal remedies (they kept us thriving until pharmaceuticals came along) and even in homeopathy, which I've seen work most remarkably. It's used hugely in France, and is even claimable on the health system. I was cured very rapidly of Hepatitis A while there using a homeopathic prescription from my GP. Not a placebo - my bilirubin count plummeted. The GP was chuffed!

Has anyone given Ring Ease a good trial?

Yes, I agree Ken219 about how good it would be to hear silence once again. Fingers crossed for us both.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1