Wee Woo (Or the Sound Coming from My Right Ear)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leviticus, May 13, 2020.

1. Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi all,

I thought I should introduce myself as I’ve mostly been lurking in the forums for the past few weeks. I’m 26 and I first noticed the ringing in my right ear in February of 2019. After a course of the Antibiotic CirpoFloxacin I woke up to a weird sound that fluctuated in pitch going from high to low (as indicated in my comical title). I think it was the antibiotic, which I now realize I am allergic to, however, I also had a car accident in 2016 which slightly injured my neck.

Either way, I am now searching for answers. I recently discovered that habituation is not an issue for me. If it would settle on a pitch it would not be so tiresome, but it fluctuates every few seconds. It’s not debilitating, but it does occasionally get the best of me as I have a slightly obsessive nature. I hope to one day become habituated or healed.

Thanks for reading!

2. Steph1710
      Old hag

Steph1710 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Antibiotics - I think
      Hi @Leviticus

You story is interesting to me because I also developed Tinnitus after taking antibiotics. It was initially in my left ear and was high pitched and fairly low in volume - still enough to annoy me, though it is now so quiet that I can’t hear it unless I plug my ear. However, I have since then developed T in my right ear and it is lower in volume and is a “wee woo” sound. It’s definitely more annoying than the single high pitch tone I had originally in the left ear.

How have you been feeling about it? Hopefully not too bad? And like you said, habituation wouldn’t be a problem but having two sounds seems to make it harder.

All the best,

Steph

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Leviticus

Leviticus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Steph1710 I think being inside so much makes it difficult. And the isolation lately has also increased my anxiety. The hard part is accepting the fact that I have it and not encouraging self talk that is negative.

I’m considering going to CBT for anxiety related reasons once the lockdown is over, and I will bring up the T if it is still bothersome. I think I’d be happy for a cure, but dealing with my own personal anxiety will probably solve a great deal.

I will say at the very least it helps to know someone else is having issues with dual tones. :)

Do you have issues with anxiety as well? I hear it can make it more bothersome.