Weird Pains in Left Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adin, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      Hey everyone. I've hade T, H and tmjd for a bit over 4 months now. I've slowly started to learn to live with it, and my symptoms have overal started to get less noticeable since a couple weeks back which is great.

However, the last couple days I have had constant, very noticeable pains in my left ear that came seemingly out of nowhere. Neither my T or H seem to have been affected by it so far, which I'm glad for. But I wonder if this is something I should in fact worry about or if I should wait for it to settle on it's own. I also feel a bit of ear fullness that I used to feel during the first two months of my symptoms.

It's probably nothing, but I can't help but feel a bit anxious about it. Because the last thing I want is for something to get worse. :depressed:

2. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Well here's some possibilities:
      TMJD could very well be the cause
      Clogged eustachian tube
      Tensor tympani syndrome
      Otitis media
      Otitis externa

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Can you describe the pain?Also what is the cause for your T and H?TMJD I presume?

When you say you have H do you mean your sensitive to certain sounds/can't tolerate noise,experience pain from sound or all of the above?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      My T (and H) is most probably from tmjd yes. The pain is kind of a sharp piercing pain. The middle ear also feels hot.

I experience all those factors you listed to some degree. But it is mostly high frequenzy sounds that tend to torment me the most

5. Elinor
      No Mood

Elinor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and barotrauma
      Do you use earplugs a lot becuase of your H? I used earplugs a lot over the holidays and for some hours on new years eve. My ear canal became irritated and I developed a minor external infection. My main symptom was stining that came and went so I had it checked out and my M.D said that I had even bled a little at the entry of my ear. She prescribed ear drops.

Maybe you should get this checked out too, just to rule out an ear infection. Also do you know the cause of your TMJD or treat it in any kind of way?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adin
      Inspired

Adin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/07/30
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably tmj
      I'm going to see my ENT either tomorrow or on monday t0 make sure it in fact isn't an ear infection. I do not use earplugs a lot. I did use them for one hour on new years eve, and i also tend to use them in VERY loud restaurants and clearly loud 80+db places. The cause of my tmjd is bruxism which have been going on for several years, which I didn't care about untill things got bad:banghead:. I'm seeing a jaw physiologist about my tmjd. I stretch it 1-2 times a day using exercises given to me by her. I'm pretty sure that's why my symptoms seem to be slowly getting less and less noticeable.