What Are Your Hopes with Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by IvanRus, Aug 28, 2017.

1. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Guys, hello. How do you live with tinnitus after a prolonged period of time?

Are there anyone who has become accustomed to it almost in half a year / year?

What kind of lifestyle do you lead, how tinnitus did not turn you into a "vegetable"?

Do you work, play sports, lead a private life? It's frightening that I will not be able to play sports, I've heard that heavy iron sport is harmful for tinnitus. Do you not have more trouble after a while?

What therapies worked for you? For us in Russia prescribe benzodiazepine "fenazepam" is the most accessible one.

Also when addressing psychiatrists who would like to prescribe antipsychotics, what do you say to that? Quetiapine, Risperidone ...

With what are your main hopes connected with getting rid of tinnitus?!? Stem cells?

I contacted the Frequency Therapeutics and it upset me, saying that all of their development is only at the very beginning, and many years are needed...

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What do you mean by "heavy iron"?
      To a certain extent, it did. For the past 7 months, I spent most of my time at home. (I am able to work from home.)
      I don't hope for a cure:
      ttps%3A%2F%2Fpics.onsizzle.com%2Fman-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-additional-4029045.png
      Have you experienced any improvement compared to how you felt one month after the onset of your tinnitus?
      I found that amitriptyline helped me sleep. Sound enrichment is helpful too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Under the heavy iron I mean a gym, bodybuilding. And what are you hoping for, if not a medicine or some kind of technology? To addictive? Do you, have you now psychological problems associated with tinnitus, anxiety? I drink the antidepressant escitalopram for about 4 months already. I was also discharged from quetiapine, but I do not accept it. It's scary to become a vegetable ...

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think the only problem, as far as T is concerned, is that a gym can get loud. People drop weights on the floor, and it is loud. So if you can find a gym where there are times when you can have the gym to yourself, and if you can wear earplugs, you will probably be ok.

I am hoping for a spontaneous recovery (or at least fading). I believe that I can increase the chance of that if I protect my ears from moderate noises like that of a vacuum cleaner or a blender.
      I used to have trouble sleeping [as a result of T]. This problem was resolved once I began taking amitriptyline.

I was also suicidal during the first 4-6 weeks. I am no longer suicidal.

5. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My only hope at this point is for habituation. Hasn't happened yet...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      How long have you had this problem? What was the cause of tinnitus? How far do you take amitriptyline? Do you have a fixed hearing loss? In the beginning was close to suicide. Now you can call yourself a happy person?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      How long have you had this problem? What was the cause of tinnitus? How far do you take amitriptyline? Do you have a fixed hearing loss? In the beginning was close to suicide. Now you can call yourself a happy person?

8. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      What are my hopes? hmmm.... To be the largest single winner of the lottery! Then.. I would contribute much to the American Tinnitus Association, The British Tinnitus Association and, of course, to TT.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think these questions were addressed to me. You can see how long each person here has had tinnitus, by either placing your mouse cursor over their username, or by searching this page for the words 'tinnitus since".

I took amitriptyline for about a month. Then my T faded a little, and I got habituated enough to be able to fall asleep without it.

My hearing test doesn't reveal hearing loss.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      If it helped them ...., I contacted the project management "frequency" and that's what they answered me. Not very reassuring, given that this is one of the most serious projects ...
      "
      Thank you for your email and interest in our programs at Frequency.

We believe that our approach to regenerating hair cells in the inner hear has the potential to restore natural hearing function, but we are currently in the early stages of development for our lead program for chronic noise induced hearing loss. Unfortunately, we are still some time away from entering larger clinical trials and many years away from one of our therapies being commercially available to patients. We welcome your inquiries as reminders of the important work we are motivated to achieve in our research and development, and hope you continue to follow our company’s progress. We encourage you to check back periodically to our website as we will post news announcements and provide further information as we move forward in development.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      You are in the American Tinnitus Association?

12. Bobbie7
      Wishful

Bobbie7 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Extreme stress, sinus infection
      I have no association with both the American Tinnitus Association and the British Tinnitus Association.

13. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Aaron123 would be interested to hear what your hopes are with your current knowledge in the research?