What if Everyone in the World Got Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Title says it all...

2. snow47
      Cold

snow47 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think pressure to jaw. I don't know.
      I think the cure found in less than a month.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      That's just why T sucks so much... Since it's all just in your head, people don't think it's that bad.. Yet if everyone got it, then a cure is looked for.

4. Kar4
      Not worthy

Kar4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I Don't think so. Maybe everything around would became louder to mask it. It's much easier than research.

5. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      So what? You'd still have tinnitus.
      As for finding a cure, a whole lot of people have thyroid issues, or cancer and there is no cure for those - and researchers have been trying to find a cure for more than a century. Tinnitus may be more complex than those conditions actually.
      Maybe it would speed up research but I doubt it would any less than a decade (not counting all the trials and paperwork and FDA and whatever else).

6. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Well, if everyone in the world has it, it will probably be assumed as "normal" and people would tell you "not to worry about it, everyone has it and its normal". It's easier to just tell people something like that, than to be curious and find out why things are the way they are. People always tend to go for the easiest route. It might in fact even prevent/cancel any ongoing research because of this, as people just "live with it".

Tinnitus is unbelievably common already, if you have to believe the statistics. Folks from all walks of life are affected (from the rich and famous to the impoverished), yet this still doesn't change anything (apart from a few lost William Shatner videos with 25 views). I believe (a majority) of people without Tinnitus are needed, as counterweight, in order to come to the realisation Tinnitus is in fact NOT normal.

We are in the best position already. We are with a group large enough in order to make it interesting for companies to develop something, and small enough not to let Tinnitus be perceived as "something normal". Despite this, we are still waiting as there is hardly ANY awareness about this issue (which is hard to believe with such big numbers).

Point is; what you probably expect would happen if everyone has it (a faster cure), would not happen and perhaps it would even make a cure or treatment more unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 1