What Is the Best Treatment for Tinnitus? Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rachel79, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Rachel79

Rachel79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15
      Does anyone have any suggestions on great treatment methods for tinnitus? Something very helpful to give a comfortable feeling. And quieter feeling. I appreciate any comments.

2. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not to panic. Other than that many seem to find habituation helpful. Or listening to quiet sounds that soothe. I've not found anything but just to accept this pain in the butt and try to carry on regardless :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Listening to good music (at lower volume ofc )

4. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Seems like the one consistent thing is to let time heal your response to T

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      If sth very helpful existed, we wouldn't be here .. More seriously, everybody finds what suits him best in time, there are no fast solution to this condition and each case is a bit different. You have to notice what works for you. Trying to mask it or rather stay in silence as much as possible ? Mine seems to calm down around 25% when I lay down so when it bothers me I lay for a while..which often finishes with falling asleep even if I'm not that tired. And I'm awfully happy I can write that - a few months back I thought having a nap was sth I would never experience again.
      For the night I play Steve Roaches cds - same thing, they make me sleep full nights. Descret masking and journey in space feeling. All the birdies, waterfalls and other nature sounds not only don't work but just annoy me. Same with all the colourful noises. But others sleep with that fine. You have to find for yourself. When I want a break in hearing it, I'd go out. Then I hear it 90 % less so I can feel almost normal. At home I hear it over everything except shower.

6. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      There's nothing. Although if yours isn't **reactive** masking may work like @Gosia suggested or wine.

7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Anticonvulsants, benzos, muscle relaxers, etc. have been used with mixed results. Your tinnitus is only about 1 month old from what I remember, so hopefully it will go away on its own. Checking out your TMJ issues first would be a good idea. This is a very good sound machine:
      http://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Sleep+Sound+Therapy+System/200694?trail=

Maybe even a tall glass of wine would help?:) I'm not a wine drinker myself though.

• Like Like x 1
    8. MaxBeach

MaxBeach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 28 2014
      anyone have success with Tinusol?

9. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      The name sounds like a scam. I would tend to go with the advice of the ATA, Dr. Abraham Shulman, etc.
      http://www.tinnituscenter.com/