When Having a Hangover, Looking at Outside or Anything Bright Makes My Vision Flicker

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Sam Bridge, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      I am not sure if this started happening when I got tinnitus but I have noticed in the last couple of years that when I have a hangover and I look outside or anything bright my vision flickers. It usually goes away after drinking a good amount of water. I have tried to google it bit I can't find anything so I thought I would ask here.

2. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Tinnitus and a hangover would be too much for me. I stopped drinking completly since having T. It might have something to do with dehydration. I also have eye problems and always dehydrated. I even wake up 3 times during the night with a mouth as dry as a desert.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Yeah I figured it was something to do with dehydration. It's such a weird experience when it happens. Have a bad hangover today, really makes me feel awful. Had a good night though:)

4. Melike
      Studious

Melike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      17 / 03 /2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most probably TMJD and neck issues that came with it.
      I get this flickering vision when I look at bright surfaces nowadays. I believe it is called Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon. What you see is your white blood cells in your eye, it is quite normal and everybody experiences it, but they just don't realize it until somebody asks.

It seems to be increasing for me these days, but that might be because of my eye allergy-strain and INCREDIBLY bright-sunny days of Istanbul. It may have something to do with sensitivity to the light(which I also experience) and that may be the reason why you see it more when having a hangover ( I always get temporarily sensitive to the light while having a hangover).